old fashioned ceramic christmas tree with lights

4,394 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by gutmancometh
agfan1030
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Will be in B/CS Monday and was wondering if anyone may have seen any for sale at any stores in B/CS. Something similar...star or no star...

AggieWife2008
S
When do you need it? Looks like there are a bunch online that you can buy.
agfan1030
Yes, I am contemplating online if there are none in B/CS....just afraid of getting a broken tree in shipment. Ordered an electric roaster a few weeks ago and the box was so damaged the roaster was damaged. Had to mail it back.
rptsAg03
Penny sells that exact tree at U Paint It- typically you would paint it yourself, they fire it for you and then you pick it up- but if you give them a call, I'm sure you could work it out to purchase a pre-painted one. My kids made one last year. Little bulbs and star and everything. 979-695-1500

I've also seen similar trees, not exactly like that one, at Cracker Barrel during the holiday season.
dfphotos
I have one made sometime in the 60s or 70s. Its awesome.
agfan1030
Thanks for the info....may try Cracker Barrel first
SchnauzerMom
My husband and I both remember these from our childhoods and were discussing them last year. My MIL found one that is very similar at Kohl's in College Station!
Sprite09
AG
Maybe try some antique stores? I have seen some there before.
agfan1030
Stopped by Cracker Barrel at 1 pm today and was told that they had just sold their last one. (Did one of you beat me to it? ).
taxpreparer
AG
I saw one at Lowe's in Bryan on Friday.
agfan1030
Thanks....will be back in B/CS Monday and will check there.
Frio Cielo
Had some similar at the Tower Point Lowes today. There were two left. There are on the floor below a wall rack on the north wall of the building just to the right of the front double doors that go to the plant area. There were way back front the front of the shelf against the back wall.

gigem70
AG
I have one of those trees that was given to me about twenty years ago by my Mother. My favorite Christmas decoration.
agfan1030
I was there yesterday and looked and then asked an attendant in that area and she said that they didn't have them. That I would probably have to order online. My luck .... Oh, well.... not gonna order something ceramic online. It would arrive broken for sure. I'm in Huntsville and not making another trip to B/CS for awhile.
Kendall Rogers
AG
Just bought on at Lowe's in Bryan about an hour ago. It was darker in color but still nice. There were two more there.
rhoswen
AG
I've ordered all kinds of breakable stuff online and it's always arrived just fine.
CrazyAgE
I'm looking in Anns Hallmark catalog right now and they have it for $39.99 and a 30% off coupon. Not sure if this is just a catalog item or if it is in their stores? You might call and ask

We have had one in our family for 30+ years and they are all red lights. That is the item I love every year when I see it at my parents house. I may have to go and buy one of these with the multi color lights on it for our house.
beefly95
This is so weird my mom and I were just discussing these, my grandmother had one. Thanks for the ideas. Amazon has one... for $435!?
gutmancometh
My mom bought one at a ceramics store, painted it, had it glazed and fired in a kiln...now a family keepsake...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.