Santa's Wonderland Groupon

4,153 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by The Collective
dubi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Link

1) Admission for Two with Hayride, Train Ride, and Activities; Valid Only on Specified Dates $43

or

2) Admission for Four with Hayride, Train Ride, and Activities; Valid Only on Specified Dates $81
AggieBarstool
Lol, $40? No thanks.
BlazeHarper
Told the oldest kid he needs to pull up his math grade else I would take him to Santa's Wonderland. I have a GroupOn deal (He knows I am frugal) He left the room screaming. I found him on his bed crying.

Checked in an hour later and he was working problems in his math book with his younger brother who has a 98 in math! Youngest one looked at me with "please Daddy no" in his eyes. The oldest one would not even acknowledge me.

Thank you Santa's Wonderland !!
Frio Cielo
quote:
Lol, $40? No thanks.
Just depends on what floats your boat.

A lot of people, including myself, paid from $80 to $500 and more per person for about three hours of entertainment Saturday evening in College Station and I bet Santa's will be a lot more pleasurable.

AggiePirate
AG
Restrooms only $10 this year
Cancelled
AG
I would rather be mauled by a pit bull than have to go to that place.
Tailgate88
AG
As a capitalist, I have no thing but mad respect for the owners of that place. They are obviously printing money out there.

But as a consumer, there are way more economical ways for me to entertain my family for an evening.

To each their own...
Corporal Punishment
AG
I looked at their website and called but got no answer...

Do they still allow cars to drive through and see the lights? Everything on the website is about hayrides, carriage rides, live entertainment, etc. Nothing about prices or nights to drive your car through the park.

Here's the website (mute your volume before clicking):
http://www.santas-wonderland.com/index2.htm

[edit: They just called me back. This is the first year they do NOT allow people to drive their cars through the park.]
waterchick
quote:
Everything on the website is about hayrides, carriage rides, live entertainment, etc. Nothing about prices or nights to drive your car through the park.
Nothing about drive-through prices because that isn't an option anymore.

From the "FAQ" section of the website: http://www.santas-wonderland.com/faq.htm#drivethru
"...Santa's Wonderland is discontinuing the Drive-Thru Tours as an option to view the Trail of Lights. This means tour buses and personal vehicles will no longer be able to drive through the Trail of Lights at Santa's Wonderland. However, "Hayride Tours" and "Horse & Carriage Tours" will operate every night during our entire season! We sincerely regret any disappointment this may cause to our guests who have enjoyed the "Drive-Thru Tours", but "safety" and the "experience" at Santa's Wonderland remain our primary concern for our patrons."

We did the drive-through with Little Egret in 2011 and haven't been back since. Clearly lots of people enjoy it but it's just not my cup of tea anymore.

I was surprised to read in the FAQ section that SW has been around for 17 years. Time flies!
Tailgate88
AG
quote:
but "safety" and the "experience" at Santa's Wonderland remain our primary concern for our patrons."
The fact that they make more money per person on the hayride has noooooooooooothing to do with it.
gopitt
This place is definitely printing money and is wildly successful. Prices ARE very steep but I like the fact that they have poured a ton of money in to the place with upgrades all over. I also like the fact that it makes many, many children very happy. If you are a Scrooge don't go near the place. But if you want to feel the holiday spirit this is the place.
I have heard that people come from all over the state but some Scrooges in BCS can't be bothered and the ones always complaining that there is nothing to do in the area.
The complainers are probably the same ones that pay thousands to watch a third rate football team have another mediocre season.
Bassmaster
AG
I agree. They put money back into their product. Unlike that crappy polar express train in Palestine. It is overpriced and who knows what that money is spent on. It certainly isn't spent to improve the product.
AggiePlaya
AG
quote:

The complainers are probably the same ones that pay thousands to watch a third rate football team have another mediocre season.

I seriously doubt anyone spends thousands on watching the Pitt football team. I do agree on the 3rd rate though
The Collective
AG
I made it a little holiday tradition when they still had the drive-thru... now, the cost to keep up my tradition went up about $80. On the plus side, they really don't have the volume and back-up the highway like they used to do.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.