Park Model Rv Trailer re-location?

5,223 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Rexter
Spyderman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Needing someone to move a trailer.

thanks!
Rexter
Park model normally is a 30'+ bumper pull. What do you have, and from/to where?
Spyderman
AG
40' from near Speedway to west of Burton just off of 290. Has a couple of manual push-outs...not sure how to attack those.
Rexter
Bumper or goose? I've got an f250 but don't have a goose hitch.
Spyderman
AG
Hitch. Will a 250 pull this thing ok?
Rexter
What's the gross weight on it? I won't be able to verify until Tuesday but I'm coming up with 12.5K max towing on my rig.
AgProgrammer
AG
quote:
Hitch. Will a 250 pull this thing ok?

Those park models aren't designed to be "light". A 40 footer like that is going to have some serious weight. Maybe if it was just a few miles down the road, the 250 would be fine. I'd talk to someone with a dually for a drive like that.
BCStalk
You are definitely going to need a 1 ton dual wheel. 40' is going to be a hard pull. Especially if on a bumper.
Spyderman
AG
Thanks..it was probably at least a 1 ton that delivered it years ago. It was a dual tire rear truck.
Spyderman
AG
Dug up some more info on the trailer. Its 44' ft long including the tongue/ball hitch and according to my title, it weights 6200 lbs. Maybe dad's F250 can handle this thing? Need to move it approx 60 miles to just west of Burton.

thanks!
AgResearch
AG
Should be fine with a 250 at that weight. Just don't do it on a windy day that sucker will be all over the road as a bumper pull.
Spyderman
AG
Thanks-now just need to figure out how to get the push-outs back in place...
AgProgrammer
AG
quote:
Dug up some more info on the trailer. Its 44' ft long including the tongue/ball hitch and according to my title, it weights 6200 lbs. Maybe dad's F250 can handle this thing? Need to move it approx 60 miles to just west of Burton.

thanks!
No way that it's only 6200 lbs. I am going to guess that's the axle capacity (per axle). We have a 28ft travel trailer and it's almost 6,000 lbs.

Looking online, most of the new (2016) park model trailers in that length are anywhere from 11,000 to 14,000 lbs.
Rexter
As long as it's 11,500 or less, has working brakes and a 7 pole round plug, I'll move it for you with my 250. I've pulled, with various trucks from pickup to class 8, trailers ranging from 5' to 90'.
Rexter
Quick research shows empty weights of 6-9K and gross weights of 14-18K for park models. If it's over 8.5' wide you are gonna need a permit to move it.
Spyderman
AG
Its 8 ft wide, 12 in the rooms that are pushed out. Will need figure out how to push those back in. I think the guys who delivered used some sort of pry bar? Don't think there are any brakes on the wheels. Says 6200 lbs on both the registration info and the title.
Rexter
I'll do it for you if you want me to. Email me and I'll send my number. Rexter1200 at yahoo
Spyderman
AG
Just noticed it says "Permit required to move" on the title...
Rexter
According to DMV if it's less than 8.5 wide, it's good to go with registration. You may need a permit if it isn't registered. You can get a 30 day permit for $25. I'm going to be close to the tax office tomorrow. Email me a # and I'll call you and let you know what they have to say about it.
Rexter
While at the tax office, I asked about this. You will need a 30 day permit for $25 cash. The gross weight is supposed to be under 10K as well. Let me know if you want me to move it for you.
Spyderman
AG
I can certainly get the permit. Thanks for chasing that down. Any thought as to how the push outs are put back in place???
Rexter
There should be a crank hole in the frame to retract the slides. If the slides don't have a crank, there should be a catch to hold them and a release for that catch. You may have to crawl under to find the release.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.