Infant day care options

837 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by justalocal
Stucco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking for a day care for a coming child. Anyone have recommendations, and ideas of what to expect for cost?

Thanks in advance!
SoTheySay
S
$700+ range for a newborn. (I changed my answer because I remembered our discount)

We were on wait lists at St Thomas Aquinas and Covenant. Toured multiple others. Location was important for us so we didn't venture too far from South CS. Will have three at St Thomas by beginning of January.
KaneIsAble
AG
$880 - stepping stones on Rock Prairie for infants - they only care for a max of 10 so the waiting list can be long
AggiePhil
AG
Place is tiny too.
justalocal
We checked into daycare about a year ago. For an infant, expect to spend about $800 per month. I remember that being about average. We hired a couple college girls thru jobsforaggies.tamu.edu. We've gone through a couple over the past semesters, some are definitely better than others. I have only let 1 college girl go because her reliability was questionable. The upside is that the kids aren't exposed to germs and if they are sick, the girls can still come and watch them. The downside is if they call in, you may not have back up and many of them want/expect a high hourly wage.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.