Hvac installation and ahri reference #

1,076 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by BCSMom
BCSMom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is there anyone that can explain what the AHRI is?

Just had a complete unit inatalled. Outside unit's model # tells me it's a 16 seer. Inside coil tells me it's a 4 ton and 48,000 BTU.

When I look up the AHRI reference # I was provided I see a different model number and it states the seer is 14.

Shouldn't the model numbers match? Trying to figure this out to see if we qualify for rebate.
jskin261
The AHRI website can be tricky. What SEER system did the contractor sell you? (This should be on the bid paperwork) Now to get particular SEER rating let's say out of a 3 ton outdoor unit they will increase the indoor side of the system to a 3.5 or 4 ton to bring a 14 SEER outdoor unit up to a 16 SEER.

What are your model numbers? If it is a gas furnace system you will have 3 and only 2 if all electric.

BCSMom
I'm headed home and will post the model numbers. I appreciate your help.
BCSMom
We were sold a 14 seer unit, 3.5 ton. Carrier Brand

Condenser model #24ABC642A003
Coil model #CNPHP4821ALA
Furnace model #58PHB070-1-16

When I called Carrier they told me the condenser was 3.5 ton and 16 seer. Coil was 4 ton, 48,000 BTU..

However on the AHRI site it has a different condenser model # and it says it's 14 seer.
jskin261
Just ran the numbers and your system with the equipment that was installed you are getting 14.5 SEER and 12 EER
BCSMom
Thanks for your help....can you provide the website to look it up?

ETA:Why would the model numbers be different? The one on the actual condenser via what's in the AHRI?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.