Ubers/Cabs to Kyle on Game Day

2,908 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by redd38
ladyag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know how the rates have been for Ubers and cabs on game day and also availability/reliability?
redd38
AG
For the first home game there was no Uber surge before the game but pretty high surge after the game.
For the second home page there was no Uber surge before or after the game.

I'm guessing since this is a night game it'll be similar to the first home game with little to no surge before the game and fluctuating surge after the game. Availability shouldn't be a problem, just be mindful that the price gets pretty expensive when the surge gets up to 4+

Taxi prices vary but they will all add an extra gameday fee (like $35ish dollars), but most are willing to negotiate. Taxis can be harder to find though.

In some situations an Uber will be cheaper and in some situations a taxi will be cheaper.
jac4
AG
There is a recent thread on the general board about this. Maybe someone with more time or interest can link it.

I think the gist was getting to Kyle was not too bad, but fares getting home/to Northgate could be $50-60 and were higher than most people had seen in large metro areas.
ladyag10
AG
Thanks, yall!
techno-ag
AG
quote:
There is a recent thread on the general board about this. Maybe someone with more time or interest can link it.

I think the gist was getting to Kyle was not too bad, but fares getting home/to Northgate could be $50-60 and were higher than most people had seen in large metro areas.
Supply & demand.
halibut sinclair
Broncos
Uber from South CS to Reed was $19 a few hours before the Ball State game.
lawless89
Uber from northgate to south Dexter after the ball state game was 48 bucks at a 4.9x surcharge. Should've just walked..
redd38
AG
There was no surge again after the Miss St game (or before). Didn't start surging until later in the night when people started leaving NG.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
I paid $8.50 to go from Luther to Northgate at about noon. I paid $45 to go from Northgate to Luther around 1am.

Not a ton of drivers so their rate excellerator goes nuts in times of high demand. That said, Ive never waited more than 5 minutes for an uber.
Brewmaster
AG
Does Uber to the airport super early work???

have a flight at 5:15am, would Uber be my best bet at around 4am from Bryan? My wife is skeptical, but I'd like to try it instead of parking at Easterwood for a week.
MiMi
S
quote:
have a flight at 5:15am, would Uber be my best bet at around 4am from Bryan? My wife is skeptical,
Can't your wife drop you off at the airport?
Brewmaster
AG
she'll be on the flight too, so no... I should've said "we have a flight"
redd38
AG
quote:
Does Uber to the airport super early work???

have a flight at 5:15am, would Uber be my best bet at around 4am from Bryan? My wife is skeptical, but I'd like to try it instead of parking at Easterwood for a week.

On weekends there are several drivers up all night. On week nights there usually are at least one up pretty late. But sometimes there are none available really late/early.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.