CSPD must have had not hit September quota

12,445 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ksp
kevmiller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Starting early in October.

4 motorcycle cops clocking cars headed north on the bypass feeder road between Academy and aldersgate church.

And no I did not get stopped.. Have not gotten a traffic ticket in years.
Respect most cops but CSPD traffic cops are a total joke.
Who has even heard of setting up speed trap on a one way feeder road.
The Anchor
AG
They are probably there due to citizen complaints.
justalocal
I dont see a problem.
jagouar1
AG
They need to patrol the feeder roads more, quite a few people do crazy things on the feeder roads around town.
techno-ag
AG
Saw them on Holleman the other day. Motorcycle cops out doing taxation by citation.
gettingitdone
No joke, my co-worker just got a ticket there today at lunch. She was exiting hwy 6 going North and the motorcycle cop pulled her over for going 64 mph while exiting the bypass where the speed limit is 75mph. At this particular exit, there isn't a speed limit sign posted. He was so "kind" to tell her that all the feeder roads have a limit of 45mph. I call BS and she will be fighting this ticket. They LEO's need to be on the south bound side of Hwy 6 giving tickets to all the jack holes that are going 75mph+ in the construction zone in front of Post Oak Mall.
txgardengirl
I honestly think they could ticket anytime on any street... we all speed, me included.

That stretch in front of Academy is crazy trying to exit Academy/Horse Haven.

Of course, I am most likely to be ticketed exiting the bypass to Fitch - it drops to 55 there and noone slows down on the access road
l0u10itd4n
Yet they moved the ramp locations to make driving safer because you aren't jockeying for a spot at 75mph on the highway. Note to TxDOT: nobody in this town is going 75 by the time they get to the hwy, and nobody slows down to 55 when they come off. TxDOT had to spend it's budget to get the funding again next year and CSPD is happy to ticket in the "improvement" areas.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I've been driving on the bypass and had people ON THE FEEDER ROADS pass me.

{edit} just read about them ticketing at the exit ramps. It should be obvious that feeder road speed limits are much lower than the bypass. You should be slowing down when you exit off the bypass anyway.
AgProgrammer
AG
All of the new northbound ramps are a joke now. You've got cars crossing over three lanes of traffic (traffic that's exiting from a 75mph highway). Maybe this works in other towns but there simply isn't enough distance between the ramps to do all of the lane changing on the feeder. It's especially bad at the northbound exit for University (in front of Ninfa's). There is such a short distance for the exiting traffic to criss-cross with the feeder traffic trying to get onto Highway 6.
DanHo2010
AG
quote:
I've been driving on the bypass and had people ON THE FEEDER ROADS pass me.

{edit} just read about them ticketing at the exit ramps. It should be obvious that feeder road speed limits are much lower than the bypass. You should be slowing down when you exit off the bypass anyway.
But what are the speed limits? It's unethical to ticket in an area that's unmarked.
taxpreparer
AG
If he told her that all of the feeder roads had speed limits of 45 he was wrong. Several of them are posted at 50.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
Rexter
Some are 55 as well such as both sides south of Rock Prairie
BCStalk
Are we actually relying on officers to know all the speed limits? I speed, you speed, cops speed. I think the whole traffic thing here is a joke. No one obeys the law anymore.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Some are 55 as well such as both sides south of Rock Prairie
Those ticketed should take a look and see what the officer listed as the posted speed. If he said it was 45 but it's really 55, that should be noted when disputing the ticket.
FlyRod
I'd get used to this. As the population grows, our notoriously bad local driving is just going to become more pervasive. Expect to see more, not fewer LEOs out.

The folks I feel genuinely bad for are not those being ticketed, but the EMS and first responder folk who have to deal with a growing number of tragedies caused by people speeding and/or not paying attention when they drive.
BCStalk
I stopped for an ambulance the other week and 2 people blew past me. That should be an automatic lose your license. I really can't believe people are in that big of a rush.
FlyRod
Seriously. Have been caught in three of those on Texas Ave last couple weeks..
Jinx
Traffic enforcement cops enforcing traffic violations. How novel.
KidDoc
AG
I see bike cops all the time clocking people on the southbound William D Fitch access road, I set my cruise to 55 exactly when I exit because I expect them to be there.

The 60 MPH zone on Rudder by the construction needs to be enforced or go away. I drop down to 60 and people blow by me, not safe but I don't want to get a double speeding ticket.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Lotsa cops hiding out on Emerald Forest / North Forest area lately too. I'm sure that is due to complaints.
fcag
AG
I don't know if it was just the months of having the southbound feeder road between Briarcrest and University reduced to one lane, or it's a real change, but... It sure seems like the average speed of the cars on that stretch of the feeder has gone up about 10 mph.

Before they changed the ramps, most cars were traveling between 45-55mph (50mph speed limit). This is just what I remember, which could easily be wrong.

Now it seems that cars are going 55-65mph, making it more difficult to pull out onto the feeder road from the neighborhood behind the card dealerships. I think it's the increased traffic coming off the hwy that hasn't slowed down to normal feeder road speeds.

Or I could just be imagining it all.
techno-ag
AG
There's a navigation app called Waze that users mark areas where the cops are for other drivers.
texasaggie2015
AG
Just drove from campus back to my house in CS. Saw four cops with folks pulled over between campus and Rock Prairie.
K2T2
quote:
I don't know if it was just the months of having the southbound feeder road between Briarcrest and University reduced to one lane, or it's a real change, but... It sure seems like the average speed of the cars on that stretch of the feeder has gone up about 10 mph.

Before they changed the ramps, most cars were traveling between 45-55mph (50mph speed limit). This is just what I remember, which could easily be wrong.

Now it seems that cars are going 55-65mph, making it more difficult to pull out onto the feeder road from the neighborhood behind the card dealerships. I think it's the increased traffic coming off the hwy that hasn't slowed down to normal feeder road speeds.

Or I could just be imagining it all.
No, you're not imagining it. I live back in the Oaks, and where people used to go around 45-55, now I regularly have to go 60 to keep up with others and not disturb the flow of traffic or be passed in a scary way.

The other side is bad too, people will go 65-70 there, but people have always gone super fast on that section of the feeder, even before the exit update.
SPSAg05
AG
quote:
No joke, my co-worker just got a ticket there today at lunch. She was exiting hwy 6 going North and the motorcycle cop pulled her over for going 64 mph while exiting the bypass where the speed limit is 75mph. At this particular exit, there isn't a speed limit sign posted. He was so "kind" to tell her that all the feeder roads have a limit of 45mph. I call BS and she will be fighting this ticket. They LEO's need to be on the south bound side of Hwy 6 giving tickets to all the jack holes that are going 75mph+ in the construction zone in front of Post Oak Mall.
I came into CS yesterday from League City for a funeral, and the exact same thing happened to me in the exact same spot...took the Harvey exit going north, there were three motorcycle cops at the same location, and the officer that pulled me over apparently clocked me at 63 (He claimed that the speed limit is 50 though, not 45, and that's what's on my ticket). He was very courteous during the stop and said they were doing a "special enforcement area" at that location this week, and they were thus required to give citations.

I don't recall seeing a speed limit sign either, and I probably could have argued a couple of different things, but I just accepted the ticket, told him that despite the circumstances I really appreciate what he and his colleagues do, and just went on with my day. I'll do the defensive driving thing and forget that it ever happened here in a few weeks. There are greater tragedies in life, and I'll just pretend like the court costs I still have to pay will go toward something not completely useless.
Stucco
quote:
A 75 mph freeway exiting to a 50-55 mph feeder road on a 45 mph ramp makes no sense. Ramps are for acceleration and deceleration. Anything else is unsafe. Cops are supposed to make our roads more safe, not the other way around.
medic1969p
The feeder roads have gotten out of hand. I was stopped at light in front of Hampton Inn at University a couple weeks ago when an 18 year old rear-ended me. Witnesses said he never slowed down. Totaled both cars. To add insult to injury he was here at Blinn as and excluded driver on the insurance.
BCStalk
Stopped southbound feeder next to the mall today...traffic backed up to Southwest Parkway...in the correct lane...trying to be kind and let someone merge from the turn around...and guess what. Two idiots blow past me and slam on their brakes to avoid hitting the car in front of me. Me of course being friendly, swerved into the third car who tried to do the same(as safely as possible of course). May I also add that these three people ran the Harvey light before almost killing someone. SLOW DOWN PLEASE. If traffic is at a standstill then there is no where to go. Stop speeding and running red lights.
Eliminatus
AG
I am 100 percent for CSPD cracking down. Have you drove on the feeders during midday? It's a damned zoo. Everytime I use the 6 exit to university I cringe.

Obey the laws. You won't get messed with. Simple as that.
Stucco
There is a difference between enforcing feeder road speed and un-posted entrance/exit ramp speed.
BCStalk
Reckless driving. Plain and simple. Ticket them all.
AG
I hate being held responsible for my actions. I. Am. Special.
The Anchor
AG
quote:
There is a difference between enforcing feeder road speed and un-posted entrance/exit ramp speed.

It is posted. I drove the area in question a couple of days after the OP.
Stucco
quote:
quote:

It is posted. I drove the area in question a couple of days after the OP.
I assume you mean a yellow caution sign with a suggested speed. Those are not indicative of an actual legal speed limit.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.