Rural Internet Service

3,845 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Tailgate88
don61
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Similar question as previous poster, I live outside the city limits. Not far, but still rural.
We currently have Verizon, which is terrible, intermittent service, breaks in wifi connection,
slow upload/download times and terrible customer service.
Are there any rural internet/wifi companies with decent prices that work well outside the city
limits other than Verizon? Thanks everyone.
UmustBKidding
Several but outside the city is insufficient to even begin the conversation. A very specific location will give us somewhere to start.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
Call Jim at BrazosWifi at 979-985-5912.

If he doesn't have coverage in your area, he can point you in the right direction.
don61
Elmo Weedon at FM 158 near the central baptist church area
BrazosWifi
That's a tough area. Shoot me an email with your exact address and I can give you some options.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
Ag97
AG
Hopefully you guys can find a way to get signal closer to the Steep Hollow area. I would love to drop Verizon, but have no other options right now.
fcag
AG
Is Suddenlink not available?

I used to have an office down Elmo Weedon about a 1/4 mile past the church. We had Suddenlink there.
ChampsAg
CEO
EBrazosAg
AG
CEO CEO CEO - great service and speed and value for fixed wireless.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
don61
FCAG - Suddenlink only provided for those businesses. They don't do rural residential. Thanks for the suggestion though.
O.G.
Look into Rise Broadband.
UmustBKidding
Not sure but this guy
Email:
michael[insert "AT"]iTechbcs.com

MICHAEL BONAFEDE
"Experts in iTechnologies"
979.696.5800 office

From This thread
http://texags.com/forums/30/topics/2634179

Has coverage in some areas south of your location, might be worth asking.

As do yourself a favor skip Rise

ChampsAg
If someone would get Internet to Millican they would rake in the cash. Only option is Century Link or Exede.
LOYAL AG
AG
quote:
Look into Rise Broadband.

Not no but hell no. Rise Broadband is Skybeam rebranded and it's an awful company. When it works you're fine but eventually it won't work and you'll be down an extended period waiting for someone to come fix it. They are truly the worst service provider I've encountered regardless of the service being provided. I had the misfortune of landing with Skybeam when they purchased Wixon Wireless. It was fine for about four months after the purchase and they even increased my speed with no price change. Then it went down. The first appointment they could schedule was THREE WEEKS out!!! Then they came out and told me they weren't sure why it was down and couldn't fix it.

Terrible company. Just stay away.
meteorag06
AG
Wish there was a something decent outside of Caldwell. Exceed internet is terrible
GSS
Zochnet

Expanding into Burleson County
Bob2525
Still waiting for Internet on Hwy 21 and South OSR(BrazosWIFI...). 20GB AT&T cell Internet is pricey...
Tailgate88
AG
Instead of signing up with Rise, just send your money to me. I'll mail you a couple tin cans tied with a string and ignore your calls when you want to complain. Your Internet experience will be about the same but at least you'll know your money went to buy a couple good bottles of wine.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.