T-Mobile in bcs

2,238 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Justin2010
Justin2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just an fyi...

Been a big fan of tmobile for a while. And thought I'd let people know the just flipped on their extended range lte in bcs.

Lte has already improved crazily in and around town over the last year, but now newer phones with band 12 enabled should be getting stellar coverage all over town including rural areas all around town.

I'm not a tmobile employee. Just a psa for anybody being ripped off by Verizon or att.

Here's a map of their expected lte coverage by the end of 2015:

redd38
AG
Looking forward to seeing if I get better coverage now. It used to be pretty craptacular some places in town.
iisanaggie
AG
Woohoo!
theNetSmith
AG
I have t-mobile, and their coverage at my house (only about 1/4 mile from Hwy 6 and north of Rock Prairie) sucks.

Can you explain what you mean by "newer phones" and "turn on band 12" something something?
Justin2010
AG
About a year ago bought a ton of spectrum from verizon. They've been rolling it out for the past year or so.

New phones know to connect to that spectrum , old phones don't.

If you buy a new phone I the next year or so, be sure to ask if it is band 12 compatible. If sales people don't know, ask for a manager.

The difference is amazing.
redd38
AG
I just downloaded the app LTE Discovery and it says I'm still connected to band 4
redd38
AG
Oh wait, now I'm on band 12
GTXM
Is T-Mobile really all that great of a cell phone service provider now?

Might be time to retire my AT&T service. It's just not that great out here on the edges of polite society.
Aston04
AG
If you are rural, avoid tmobile. Worst rural coverage of the big 4.
Justin2010
AG
It's actually pretty awesome how much it's improved its rural coverage - at least in East Texas. I drive throu agh a lot, including to areas pretty far away from major roads - and it's gone from probably 90% 2g 10% no service, to 60-70% 4G/LTE and the rest 2g. Don't have many dead spots and most of the time it's 4G.

It's actually been really interesting to see the coverage expand every time I make a rural trip.
gettingitdone
I have horrible, almost non existent service in Louisiana, Crystal Beach, Robertson, and Milam counties. Very unfortunate because I travel to these areas frequently.
Justin2010
AG
I'll be interested to hear from you how that changes in the next few months. Looks like Louisiana will be pretty well covered by the end of 2015.

T-Mobile LTE reaches about 293 million people as of now. By the end of 2015, that should be over 300 million. For reference, Verizon hits about 305 million, AT&T about 308 million, and Spring about 280 million.

To start 2015, I believe T-Mobile reached about 260 million. Obviously that last 10 million or so is the most difficult to reach, as it's all rural. But T-Mobile seems pretty intent on getting there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.