radioactive material missing

2,765 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AggiePirate
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody know K. Housely?

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Radioactive-Material-Sent-to-Texas-AM-Goes-Missing-323539061.html
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Was wondering when this was gonna hit the news.
Rapier108
I wonder if it was FedEx Ground, FedEx Express, or FedEx Custom Critical which transported it.

Highly unlikely that "K. Housely" actually exists. Unless they know you and know your name, then they just guess based on whatever you write on those completely illegible screens. FedEx has probably given me 30 different names over the years with some being so far off I have no clue how they got them.

I can't even count how often FedEx misdelivers a shipment either to my office, or sends our shipments elsewhere. I probably get 2-3 a week for some other business. Getting them to fix it is almost impossible. Their customer service is worthless, and getting them to fix their mistakes usually takes 2-3 phone calls and some less than polite language with a supervisor or two.

Most likely this box is sitting in a closet somewhere, or in a pile of boxes in someone's office and they have no clue what it is. Thankfully it is sealed and shielded so unless they're an idiot and open it and play with the contents, no one should get hurt.
W
AG
excellent choice for topic emoticon
Expert Analysis
AG
You would think A&M would have something like this held at the FedEx facility and picked up in person. At a minimum it should have required authorized signature to accept. Way too many wrong deliveries on campus and too many students and secretaries signing for stuff that they have no idea what it is.
techno-ag
AG
It's national. Made Fox & Friends this morning.
FlyRod
MiMi
S
quote:
Was wondering when this was gonna hit the news.
Me too. Everyone on campus got a 'missing FedEx package' email last Friday. Was not even going to read it but noticed it was from the campus Office of Safety and Security.
Scruffy
AG
I'll be the first one:

Trust!
techno-ag
AG
quote:
I'll be the first one:

Trust!
But don't trust FedEx!
Scruffy
spanky
AG
Haha, if the public only knew what kind of radioactive screw ups happen at A&M and other places in town. We are planning a study with a crazy cancer drug with a 20 year half life. Budgeting to capture all conceivable waste and 200 year possible contamination. Of course, patient on the drug is an outpatient procedure and all their waste goes straight down the drain.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
This is a test from the CHANCELLOR. If you know of this package and have not divulged any information, you SHALL BE ABSOLVED. Otherwise? You're ****ed!
Yuccadoo
K. Housely is a pseudonym for Homer Simpson. Follow the tongs.
FlyRod
The material has been found. You can all relax now.
Yuccadoo
Glad I could help.
AggiePirate
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.