Questions about the New West Bryan Blinn Campus (Leonard Road & 2818)

3,135 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by bcstx06
bcstx06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone have any new details on this campus? I would expect them to put an over and underpass at that intersection. Will stop lights be added further down near Jane Long Middle School? Has the announcement of this location spurred any interest in the area from developers (housing, apartments, retail, restaurants, etc.)? Is the planned Bryan Aldi going to be located in this area?
ro828
The county had best get busy widening Leonard Road because that area is going to be a traffic nightmare. I'm figuring that the businesses will come in after visible construction on the campus begins.
GSS
quote:
The county had best get busy widening Leonard Road because that area is going to be a traffic nightmare. I'm figuring that the businesses will come in after visible construction on the campus begins.
Leonard Road /FM1688 in the area of the new Blinn campus is a TX DOT and City of Bryan responsibility. The Mayor (Bienski) has already commented on the likelihood of an overpass exchange being planned for the 1688/2818 intersection.

If the county is involved at all, it may be for easement acquisition for any expansion.
bcstx06
Thank you guys fr replying. Its puzzling that no mention has been made of an over/under pass here. Why wait until after the campus is built? This thing needs to happen NOW!

Here is a quote from a recent article:
quote:
The board also authorized a request for qualifications for a construction manager at risk for the development of the new Bryan campus at Leonard Road and F.M. 2818. Blinn is developing a master plan for the new campus to be presented to the board in November.

The 95-acre property will be developed into a 10,000-15,000 student campus to complement Blinn's pre-existing Bryan campus on Villa Maria Road. The additional campus will allow the College to develop additional science, technology, engineering and mathematics offerings and expand its workforce, technical, research and health-related education programs. Blinn anticipates hosting classes on the new campus as early as 2017.
http://kagstv.com/News/KAGSNews/ID/10640/Blinn-board-adopts-1068-million-budget-sets-tax-rate
Rexter
quote:
Does anyone have any new details on this campus? I would expect them to put an over and underpass at that intersection. Will stop lights be added further down near Jane Long Middle School? Has the announcement of this location spurred any interest in the area from developers (housing, apartments, retail, restaurants, etc.)? Is the planned Bryan Aldi going to be located in this area?

I haven't heard anything in the overpass. There is no reason for lights near Jane Long. The Blinn campus is on the SW corner of the intersection and extends almost to the rear of Wally World. There is a 600 home subdivision being built just west of the campus acreage. HEB is rumored to be building a store, similar in size to their Hwy 21 store, at the corner of Leonard and 47. Next year is the target on that, I believe.
dgonzo99
quote:
quote:

I haven't heard anything in the overpass. There is no reason for lights near Jane Long. The Blinn campus is on the SW corner of the intersection and extends almost to the rear of Wally World. There is a 600 home subdivision being built just west of the campus acreage. HEB is rumored to be building a store, similar in size to their Hwy 21 store, at the corner of Leonard and 47. Next year is the target on that, I believe.
I had also heard rumors that Wings would build a much larger restaurant in the area. Haven't heard anything about it in a long time.
GSS
quote:

An HEB at the corner of Leonard Rd and Hwy 47? That is highly unlikely...maybe at 2818 and Leonard Rd.
Rexter
quote:
quote:

An HEB at the corner of Leonard Rd and Hwy 47? That is highly unlikely...maybe at 2818 and Leonard Rd.

Same thought I had but inside info from CoB says 47 is where they will build in anticipation of growth all along 47 from the HSC.
carpe vinum
AG

http://wtaw.com/2015/09/11/blinn-college-sees-design-of-new-west-bryan-campus/
techno-ag
AG
quote:

http://wtaw.com/2015/09/11/blinn-college-sees-design-of-new-west-bryan-campus/
Looks awesome. Can't wait for this addition to Bryan West.
FlyRod
techno-ag
halibut sinclair
bcstx06
This is going to be really nice. I looked threw the plans and all I can say is Wow! can't believe this is being built on the west side of Bryan. I wonder if they will eventually make this the main Bryan Campus or eventually the only Bryan Campus (sell off the older campus in Bryan)?

The only things that I could see changes are maybe taller buildings and parking garages, and less parking lots. Many of the parking lot spaces could have a much better use. I wonder if they would ever consider adding athletics to this campus? If the majority of their students attend the Bryan campus wouldn't it make since to bring football and other sports here as well? I think it would bring even more students in.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.