Dog kennel recommendations

2,701 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by msaggie98
mposdude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Best kennel? Prices? Requirements?
AggieDarlin
AG
I just googled "dog kennels college station" and all of them have their rates posted along with requirements.
armymom
We board and use the day care at LovenCare on University.
Max06
AG
+1 on LovanCare
Post removed:
by user
BCStalk
Or perhaps they would like to know who we use and maybe our opinion on them? If you don't want to be useful then don't comment. We personally use Briarcrest and have zero issues. I don't remember how much but you can call and ask. It depends on the dog and length of stay.
Rockdoc
AG
Yeah if people don't want to help, don't click on it or post. Jeez. I use Aggieland Pet Resort on Wellborn. A little pricey, but it is very clean and cool, the people are great, my dog seems to love it there, and I never worry about him when I'm gone. I recommend it highly.
AggieDarlin
AG
Who isn't helping? For most people, a Google search is an obvious beginning, but there are still a handful of folks who don't live on the internet. There are some pockets in towns or cities where competitors will make you call for prices. I checked local sites to see if the info was there and sure enough it was, so I shared my experience to be helpful. If there is any doubt about another poster's Google link, well, I can't see how a direct link to a search string isn't helpful. Saying "Happy Tails +1" is hardly informative. This board can be so weird.

OP, if the sites don't post their vaccine requirements, be sure to call and ask so there are no last-minute surprises. Also ask if they provide tours.
Rockdoc
AG
Darlin, so sorry we don't conform. Please forgive us.
ksp
Obviously the OP was interested in more than a google search.

I took it as I am going to a local forum board for opinions FROM PAST EXPERIENCE.

Really quite easy to decipher these posts here.
Rockdoc
AG
Exactly!
Sprite09
AG
We boarded our two dogs at Waggie Pet Zone over the summer. Pricey but they were played with six times per day and kept comfortable. We even called while we were away to extend the dogs' stay and it was no problem.

However - our lab developed kennel cough the day after we got home and had to get meds. We are talking to the vaccination company now about it. Our smaller dog did not develop it and they were both given the nasal spray in advance. Our smaller dog was groomed during their stay as well and he looked great when we picked them up.
Rockdoc
AG
At aggieland pet resort, if there's no record of an up to date nasal vaccine given, they can't stay.
dubi
AG
I pay $25 per day for a student worker from my office to stay at my house. Then my dog gets to be home when we travel plus someone is watching over our house.

I'd be wary of selecting on price alone.
007ag
AG
My two dogs stay at Aggieland Pet Resort! They love it and are always excited to walk through those doors!
AggieDarlin
AG
Yeah, obviously, yet a Google search wiped out a large portion of their inquiry. *Of course* it's expected that people will chime in with more information about their own experiences.

Like, " Man, I love Oodles of Poodles because they really seem to care about Fluffy. They have great customer service and I never fear leaving her there. She's always so clean and happy when I come to pick her up. I think they may charge by the dog's weight, but I think it's reasonable. Also, you don't need to bring anything except proof of recent vaccines, but it's been 6 months since I've been there, so check out their website or call to confirm"

It's, like, so totally weird how a portion of a poster's inquiry can be answered in multiple ways.
75AG
AG
quote:
Here, let me google that for you.

Kennels in College Station
Don't be a d-bag
Rockdoc
AG
Yeah somebody comes on here looking for advice or personal experience and they get this. It's not because they're lazy or stupid. They just want to hear from real people. Sad it's come to this on some of these boards. But I'm sure someone will chime in and tell me I'm wrong.
mgreen
Aggie land Pet Resort and Waggie pet zone.
Sleepnumber
AG
quote:
Yeah somebody comes on here looking for advice or personal experience and they get this. It's not because they're lazy or stupid. They just want to hear from real people. Sad it's come to this on some of these boards. But I'm sure someone will chime in and tell me I'm wrong.
msaggie98
AG
We use Aggieland AHC & Pet Resort...they are a tad more expensive, but we feel like our dogs are very well taken care of and it's close to home, so convenient for us.
And just FYI, all dog kennels require an up-to-date Bordetella vaccine (intranasal, in most cases.) Most require it within the past 6 months. And any place that DOESN'T require the Bordetella vaccine...well, I would avoid them because kennel cough is no fun for your dog OR for you.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.