Best Breakfast in BCS?

11,079 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by halibut sinclair
TXAggieMom11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who has the best breakfast?
PhiAggie
AG
No one really. This area could use a good mom and pop breakfast place.

Some people will say hullabaloos but I think their food and service are both terrible. I've been twice just in case the first visit was as off day. It wasn't. The food was bland (pancakes taste like cardboard) and it took forever to get your food. You had to get someone's attention for drink refills.

I'd love a good, clean, bacon and eggs/biscuits and gravy with a side of hot cakes cafe would open up.
AggiePhil
AG
Really wish we had a The Egg & I. As for Hullabaloo, do they only serve breakfast in the diner or do they use the additional seating area too?
FlyRod
Years ago the easy and obvious answer would have been the dearly departed Deluxe Diner. Once you put aside the Mexican places your choices rapidly shrink. Hullabaloo is crowded and inconsistent. IHOP and The Kettle are revolting. Cracker Barrel is "meh" but gets the job done. In my experience the Hilton does a pretty nice breakfast.
Max06
AG
Brunch at Blackwater Draw & Ozona are both very good imho.
jja79
AG
quote:
Really wish we had a The Egg & I. As for Hullabaloo, do they only serve breakfast in the diner or do they use the additional seating area too?

If the bar is The Egg & I you should love just about every breakfast place. They're very mediocre.

Get the pancakes at Shannon's sometime.
australopithecus robustus
Miss la bodega breakfast
Eliminatus
AG
If you are looking for your typical Americana type of breakfast cracker barrel is probably your best bet.

Personally I love hullabaloos. The secret though is is going in off time hours. At the height of the rush of course your service will suffer. I've always had good service regardless. And their smothered breakfast burrito feeds me for two meals straight. And is delicious to boot.

Barring all of that I'd say dennys or go get some breakfast tacos.
AggiePhil
AG
Enjoying the Ozona Bloody mary bar as we speak.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Only a matter of time on Egg & I
rhoswen
AG
Everyone always likes to give them a bad rap but I always like the Kettle. However, there's nothing there that could remotely be considered "healthy."
armymom
Love the Eggs Benedict at Ozona's!
curry97
AG
Wish we had a place like Ballard Street Cafe (Wylie, Tx) or Silver Grill Cafe (Ft. Collins, Co).
doubledog
quote:
Wish we had a place like Ballard Street Cafe (Wylie, Tx) or Silver Grill Cafe (Ft. Collins, Co)

I would trade Vern's in Laporte (great cinnamon rolls) over the Silver, but that is my opinion.

Agsroll
AG
We need a le peep
PhiAggie
AG
But only on Sundays correct?
PhiAggie
AG
Ive been during both. It was the same both times. Its just a very underwhelming place on all fronts.
dave99ag
AG
I'd love for Snooze AM out of Denver to come here. They have one opening up in Austin soon. Great breakfast!
KidDoc
AG
I like Hullabaloo omelet, tons of meat in it and their home beer is good too. I prefer to sit in the bar or outside to hear the live music on sunday. It is crazy crowded at 12 on sunday though.

I actually like IHOP out on Boonville. I don't care for the one on university much.

I also like Blackwater Draw but the menu is very small and wife and kid don't love the brunch there as much as I do.

We will try ozone next week!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TwoTimeAg
AG
R.I.P Los Nortenos...still miss you after all these years...
Max06
AG
BWD is Sundays only.

Ozona is Saturday & Sunday, I believe. The Google says they open at 8am both days, so I'd expect them to be serving breakfast at that hour.
birdman
Shipley's
sawemoff94
AG
All these posts and no mention of Waffle House?!? smh

C'mon folks we need a damn #SECready
W A F F L E. H O U S E.
FlyRod
No we don't.
armymom
Yes, Ozona opens for breakfast at 8am on Sat & Sun. It's very pleasant to eat outside on the patio!
Slicer97
AG
It hasn't been mentioned because it's a step below Denny's, and Denny's is terrible.
Aggie
AG
quote:
All these posts and no mention of Waffle House?!? smh

C'mon folks we need a damn #SECready
W A F F L E. H O U S E.

Waffle House is absolute garbage.
The whole " we need a Waffle House because were in SEC now" was dumb in 2012.. It's even dumber in 2015
TXAggieMom11
We ended up at IHop in Bryan. We got there fairly early and did not have to wait for a table, service was OK. Waitress did what she could but kitchen was slow. Food was OK nothing to complain about.

I agree, there needs to be some improvement in the breakfast offerings in BCS! When our oldest was in school we almost always went to Los Nortenos. We never tried Ozona but will have to sometime in the next 4 or 5 years.

Thanks everyone!
Brewmaster
AG
does Shannon's do breakfast? I googled chicken and waffles and they come up. Nowhere good to get it here - not SEC ready, lol.
Max06
AG
Christopher's is a good place for breakfast, too.
jja79
AG
Yes
ComfortAg
AG
Blue Baker
K2T2
Dang, I've always wanted to try Blue Baker's breakfast, but it ends so early! I'm a staunch believer that breakfast foods should not be restricted to the morning because **** whoever made that rule and decided post-10 AM eggs and toast are bad. Plus food in the morning makes my tummy hurt.

Jesse's has awesome breakfast tacos, but it's better to go than sit down.

I think Hullabaloo rules, and you can order from their bar - which includes breakfast pizzas - on those busy Sundays and sip a mimosa while you wait. Or call in an order to go and if you feel like it, just eat it on the patio instead.

Ozona is also good, I really like their French toast and roasted potatoes. It won't blow your mind, but it's miles better than IHOP or Denny's and their ilk and you can get Bloody Marys and stuff.

Village also has good breakfast stuff, served all day. A big plate of eggs, those rosemary paprika potatoes, and homemade bread with fresh jam - plus they always have daily quiche and waffles and no doubt you'll see friends there (which may be a good or bad thing).

I went to Eccell recently for brunch, thinking they'd have a full or at least decent menu, and all it was was an egg dish (with meat, so I couldn't even eat it) or a super sweet over the top french toast dish that sounded like it would just be painful. So maybe steer clear unless sugar or that one dish that's the only other thing you can get are things you like.
techno-ag
AG
Sonic Breakfast Burrito. That's Super. Natural. Goodness. right there.
halibut sinclair
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.