Sewing a Lovey

2,020 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Pyewacket
Pyewacket
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody willing or know someone or a place that could fix my 7 year-olds frog. He has been VERY loved and is falling apart. I would really prefer same day repair to avoid the inevitable "where is my frog freakout".

Thanks

BlueMiles
AG
Not sure. Alterations place? Can you post a pic? Maybe someone from Lone Star Quiltworks would have mercy on you?
starbuck128
AG
What type of repairs does it need? What is it made out of? I might be able to help.
Pyewacket
AG
I would post a pic but don't know how. It is one of those little Carter's baby blankets with the head of a stuffed animal like you see at Target. This one is a frog. The satin backing is tattered and has been repaired so many times that the whole backing has separated from the other side. I was looking to see if someone could sew another satin backing underneath the tatters. My son doesn't want it repaired, but the whole thing will fall apart. Also, I would like to get it framed some day and keep it as original as possible.
Max06
AG
Like this?

Pyewacket
AG
Kids sick. Sorry for long reply. Yes. That is it. I need someone to help repair the backing and retaining the original fabric if I can. Dash-1 doesn't want it repaired.

Thanks
Max06
AG
I'll stop by Target and look at their construction- it may be something that I can tackle during the day on a weekend.
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
I would like to get it framed some day and keep it as original as possible.
Give it to him at his high school graduation party.
Pyewacket
AG
Great Idea!!! I will present it after the slideshow.
AggiePirate
AG
Don't forget the bathtub pictures.
Max06
AG
I was able to stop by Target, they didn't have frogs but did have some lambs which I assume are very similar.

Depending on the extent of the repair, I think it could be done. Could you email me pictures of what you want to be repaired? max06<at>aggienetwork<dot>com
Pyewacket
AG
sure. I will try to wrestle it away from him.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.