Verizon or AT&T for Cell?

737 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by techno-ag
aggiewrench
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Been out of contract for a while, and looking to see who has better service.

Lately my Verizon has been rough to say the least Dropped calls, SIRI wont work because network is overloaded etc... I tried ATT over two years ago and it wasn't great. Have ATT gotten any better? Enough to consider switching?

I know Verizon touts their Network, but is it that much better locally, as they are pretty firm on price where as I know ATT will bend a little. Just wondering if it is worth it.
cz308
Locally speaking, I don't think it matters that much. I have AT&T and it's been great. While traveling around with work, I see that AT&T will work when Verizon won't and Verizon will work with AT&T won't. So I guess it really depends on where you plan on using it.

The only place I drop calls constantly is on hwy 21 between the Brazos river and Cooks Point area. Going east, I'll drop it around Midway or Austonio area. Here in town (BCS), AT&T works fine.
BrazosWifi
If you live or travel out into the country regularly, you may want verizon. They use a lower frequency that penetrates trees better.

AT&T has been good for me for the last dozen years here. I just know that sometimes, Verizon will work when I can't in dense trees, far from town.
Average Joe
AG
I have Verizon and the only place I ever have bad reception is Saddle Creek/Wellborn areas. However, I'm told that is getting fixed soon.
BCStalk
Verizon here and lose signal between cooks point and Caldwell, and by groesbeck. Other then that I have zero complaints. LTE is pretty fast.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
If you live or travel out into the country regularly, you may want verizon. They use a lower frequency that penetrates trees better.

AT&T has been good for me for the last dozen years here. I just know that sometimes, Verizon will work when I can't in dense trees, far from town.
Agreed, Verizon has better county-wide coverage. If you don't drive out of town much, it prolly doesn't matter.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.