Mailman hasn't picked up my mail in 2 days

4,756 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AggiePirate
PhiAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll call the main location tomorrow morning, but I've heard they don't answer the phone. He's driven by the house both days. Anyone else having this problem?
MiMi
S
Do you have the red flag raised? My mailman would do this occasionally. I figured it must be because I didn't have any mail for him to deliver and I didn't put up the red flag. My homebuilder didn't mount the red flag when he built the mailbox. I found it and now just stick it in the mailbox door where the mailman can see it. So far, my mail has always been picked up.
PhiAggie
AG
The mailboxes in our neighborhood are on the front porch, so there is no red flag. The mailman has to walk to the front door to collect and deliver.
TexAg1987
When we had that situation we used a clothespin and hung the Mail on the outside of the box so he could see it.
PhiAggie
AG
I've got 2 clothes pins! The envelope is even bright neon green and pinned outside the box!
Rapier108
This is why I just drop all my mail in the box at work since I know it will always be picked up.
TexasAggie_02
AG
our mail carrier didn't deliver my season tickets yesterday. I was watching online, since the 12th Man Foundation gave me a tracking number.

The website had a notice that they "attempted" delivery at 2:50, but there was no secure place to leave package. The website said to check the notice left at my residence.

My wife was home all day, and no one came to the door. They also did not leave a notice on my door, nor in my mailbox, so if i hadn't have had the tracking number from the 12th Man, I would have no idea that my tickets were sitting in a post office. If i had no idea that they were sitting in the post office, then they would eventually be returned to sender.

What a waste of tax dollars.
Post removed:
by user
Kidwrangler

The Anchor
AG
We got someone's meds yesterday. They live 4 streets away.
Tailgate88
AG
Woo hoo! I just got some season tickets in my mailbox that I didn't order!

j/k but I wouldn't be surprised...
LostInLA07
AG
Anything good?
Polecat
quote:
What a waste of tax dollars.

No it's not.
Scruffy
AG
Yes it is.
MAlovedphotography
I'm still waiting for a package that should have been delivered on Monday.
techno-ag
AG
Love our mail guy. No problems to speak of.
FlyRod
Polecat
So exactly how many of Scruffy's tax dollars went to the USPS last year?
LostInLA07
AG
You do know that the USPS is surviving off of loans from the U.S. Government and there is zero chance they are repaid, right?
Polecat
I do know they're on a loan but they wouldn't be in such dire straits if not for the Postal Civil Service Retirement System Funding Reform Act of 2003. When the mandate is up in 2016, they may or may not start seeing a surplus again and who knows what's possible with the pending automation revolution.

USPS certainly has its problems just like any organization and needs reform to keep up with modern times but I think it's myopic to lay blame solely at the employee's feet when they've had to cut corners because of cut budgets due to the internet and an aggressive requirement to prepay 100% of their pensions for the next 75 years.

Even if did get a taxpayer bailout - which I'm okay with since the post enumerated in the Constitution - it's got a way to go before I think the whole endeavor is a "waste of tax dollars".
ksp
Every year whatever they are supposed to pay in tax dollars, they just write that amount to themselves. Not sure how much that is each year as it is a horrible ran example of a business, but yes when they pay themselves they are receiving tax dollars.

I think the USPS just needs to completely revamp their business model and the first order of biz is regular delivered mail is Monday, Tues, Thurs and Friday only.

Weds is nothing but flyers. Wait a day and eliminate that.

Want it saturday? Pay extra and do that like UPS and Fedex do.
techno-ag
AG
Each time they try and eliminate Saturday delivery, there's a hue and cry. People like to gripe about the post office but hate seeing service cut.
LostInLA07
AG
It's primarily the postal workers union crying.
Post removed:
by user
MiMi
S
quote:
If you or anyone you know can share details like tracking #s with me, that would be a great help! keli.rabon@abc.com Thanks!

E-mail sent.
ksp
quote:
Each time they try and eliminate Saturday delivery, there's a hue and cry. People like to gripe about the post office but hate seeing service cut.
No doubt mainly workers I am sure.
annie88
AG
go online to USPS and make a complaint. I did about a year ago and got a email response AND phone call.

http://usa-faq.civicagency.org/answers/9690
75AG
AG
quote:
go online to USPS and make a complaint. I did about a year ago and got a email response AND phone call.

http://usa-faq.civicagency.org/answers/9690
did you just get that call?
taxpreparer
AG
Yes, but did you get your mail?
AggiePirate
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.