aerofit quesitons

6,962 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Orlando Ayala Cant Read
StringerBell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
about to sign up for a family membership to the aerofit gyms. gonna use the longmire one most of the time but i had a couple of questions for anyone with info.

1) how crowded is the longmire one at 5:30 AM?
2) are there decent free weights?
3) anyone know how crowded the indoor pool is at villa maria at 5:30 AM or so?

thanks in advance!
Max06
AG
Ask for a trial membership.
CEAg78
AG
We workout about 5:30am. The machines and free weights are kinda busy but I rarely have to wait. Treadmills are maybe 60-75% occupied. About 10 guys in free weight area.

The pool can be quite crowded. There is a water aerobics class. Lanes sometimes are shared.
vhz
Villa Maria pool isn't very crowded at 5:30. Usually 4 or 5 people and no aerobics classes at that time. I just wish the Longmire location actually built a lap pool instead of the useless pool they built.
evenkeel
Call Crystal at the Villa Maria club for a free 3 day pass. 823-0971
lindseyedrington
I work at the Longmire location and would love to set you up with a trial pass. Please contact Lindsey at 979-485-9999 We look forward to seeing you at the club.
TXCityGirl
I swam today at 6:45 and there was only 1 other person in the pool. The later in the week, the less crowded for sure. I have never had to leave because I couldn't get a pool lane in the mornings. Always space available when I've been there in the mornings.
StringerBell
AG
good stuff. thanks!
iisanaggie
AG
We used to love Aerofit. Now they want to charge us over $30/month extra so my kids can use the pool. They are both too old for the childcare but too young for weights, cardio, etc! Umm...no! I have several friends who have dropped them for the same reason. Hopefully, one of their competitors will add pools and more affordable family plans.
sawemoff94
AG
quote:
We used to love Aerofit. Now they want to charge us over $30/month extra so my kids can use the pool. They are both too old for the childcare but too young for weights, cardio, etc! Umm...no! I have several friends who have dropped them for the same reason. Hopefully, one of their competitors will add pools and more affordable family plans.

Ditto!
MarineBQ04
AG
Same here, we are in the process of getting rid of our Aerofit membership. The YMCA has an exploratory committee currently looking at building in B/CS.
iisanaggie
AG
A YMCA would be awesome!
Brewmaster
AG
the Y would instantly be a success here
aggiewrench
It would be nice to have a Y. What building were they looking at?
vmb
Will also cancel Aerofit because of the new fees for children. They never informed us until one day when we showed up and they denied access for the little ones. Very unpleasant experience.
Has anyone used the TAMU Rec Sports Aquatics? Non-students can purchase passes. I was wondering if there are any children seen in the indoor instructional pool (would not want to be the only ones with kids there ).
AggieWife2008
S
quote:
Will also cancel Aerofit because of the new fees for children. They never informed us until one day when we showed up and they denied access for the little ones. Very unpleasant experience.
Has anyone used the TAMU Rec Sports Aquatics? Non-students can purchase passes. I was wondering if there are any children seen in the indoor instructional pool (would not want to be the only ones with kids there ).

SERIOUSLY? I can't believe they are doing that. We used to be members until I went to go get my 8 month old from the nursery after working out for 30 min and there were kids running around and ZERO adults present. Needless to say, they let us out of our contract early.
JR Ewing
AG
I was going to take over someone's contract this morning, but after reading this, I'm not sure I want to. Aerofit thinks they can make the rules, but it's the consumers who make the difference on whether a place will succeed or fail. Unfortunately, a YMCA would be 5 years away at the earliest, IMO...and Aerofit knows that...
AgTrip
Yep. We let ours go as well. Was not a good experience and we tried to talk to them to work out some kind of plan. No go
taxpreparer
AG
I have had good experiences with Aerofit on Longmire. The employees are friendly and I feel like my concerns are addressed in a timely manner. I swim three days a week and have adjusted my mile workouts for the six pool lengths needed to go a hundred yards (instead of the normal four for most longer pools.) I am not a big free weights guy, so I use the machines and do occasionally alter my workout flow so as not to have to wait on a machine, Of course, I don't have young children so I have no experience with the Kidzone, or the charges involved with it.

I have also noticed that my experience with many of the businesses in town (Suddenlink, Discount Tire, Cici's. etc.) seems to be better than most of the posts on this board. I wonder why that is?
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
lawyeraggie04
AG
I've had a really good experience with the Longmire Aerofit. I started really working out there in January EXTREMELY out of shape and over a hundred pounds overweight. The staff there has been extremely friendly and supportive, got to know my name and my fitness goals. With their help, advice, and encouragement, I've lost almost 80 pounds. I can't say enough about them. I work out at least 3 times a week there at 5:30am and never really have a problem with it being overcrowded. I will say, I don't have children, so I don't have to deal with the nursery situation.
ellipsiscricket
Since this is about local gyms, I want to ask an additional couple questions. I'm looking for something close to me (I am in College Station close to campus) with classes. Does aerofit have a start up fee? I like Golds classes and want to do a membership there but my husband had a terrible experience years ago and is lukewarm to the idea. Is Golds a bad idea? I had always heard good things about aerofit but this thread is making me rethink that. Plus AF is a little further away and it's already way too easy to make excuses not to work out.
Jayjay4268
AG
I have had a really positive experience at Golds. Joined about a year and a half ago. Have heard nightmares about billing/canceling contracts but haven't run into any issues yet. I can't say enough good things about the group fitness classes. Body attack is my favorite. Step and pump are fun too. They seem to have more classes/times than other gyms. Instructors are motivating and keep the classes enjoyable. You'll find participants of all ages/abilities. Otherwise, I only really use the treadmills. The women's area is nice to use free weights without the intimidation factor, but they tend to put their "hand me down" equipment in there. Staff has always been responsive and the gym kept clean.
JR Ewing
AG
Somebody would make a fortune if they put a childcare place near the new Planet Fitness locations. They would finally be able to capture the parents who want to work out and know their kids are in a safe place...#ideasforabusinessintown
vmb
I have no complains regarding their Gym or tennis courts.
But the reason we joined them and not other local Gym was the kids. We wanted to have access to the pool for the whole family (and the childcare).
I want to play by the rules but I want to know them ahead (there is almost nothing on their website). What bothered me was the fact that they changed rules in the middle of our contract without notifying us. And we ended up at the Longmire facility and suddenly had access denied. This, together with their attitude. I talked to the membership coordinator Peggy and I took the case to BBB and finally they agreed to honor the initial contract "as a courtesy to our customer". She initially said she had no proof of kids being listed on the contract, so I had to fax her my copy and she also said we should be happy we had access during the first 6 months because kids were not members of the family plan.
What I was eventually told was that the instructional pool was never intended to be a family pool, it was planned for their lessons. But probably this is not the nicest way to limit children access.
Anyway, it is their decision how they do business, they lost a customer and I am sure I am not the only one.
(For Gym/fitness only I would most likely go to another facility in town with lower fees and even no contract).
Roc96
AG
Other than the rec center, is there any place locally that's got racquetball? Aerofit on Carter Creek at one time did, but I don't know anymore.
befitter
Thanks for the positive statements about Golds and our classes jab2014.
texasaggie04
AG
quote:
Other than the rec center, is there any place locally that's got racquetball? Aerofit on Carter Creek at one time did, but I don't know anymore.

Aerofit on Villa Maria does.
I have only good things to say about that location, but I don't have children so I can't comment on that aspect of it.
Melodie8081
Areofit is an awful gym. It's pricy which wasn't my main concern but I have a major issue with a gym posting signs that children under the age of 13 cannot use anything there and not adhering to their own rules. When we joined, Villa Maria had a ball pit and playset for kids. They have since taken it all away and turned it into a crossfire area. That was the ONLY reason we joined that gym. When approached to remove my daughters membership but keep ours because of the change, they refused! Do not join this gym! It's a major buyer beware issue!!
The Anchor
AG
Totally worth a year old bump. And I'm interested in this crossfire workout thing.
NellCote71
lawyeraggie04 said:

I've had a really good experience with the Longmire Aerofit. I started really working out there in January EXTREMELY out of shape and over a hundred pounds overweight. The staff there has been extremely friendly and supportive, got to know my name and my fitness goals. With their help, advice, and encouragement, I've lost almost 80 pounds. I can't say enough about them.
Congratulations! Very impressive.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I'm still using em.

Pluses:

Friendly staff
Convenient to my house
Never too crowded
Music noise at appropriate level

Minuses:
Way way too expensive imho
TVs on treadmills and other often do not function properly
Sunday hours start at noon (which is kinda ridiculous and inconvenient for us early risers)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.