Selling cemetery plots

1,849 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by JaneDoe02
BMo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As stated, I was wondering the best way to sell two plots. They are in the College Station cemetery on Texas. TIA for suggestions.
AggieAces06
AG
Have you tried contacting the City?
Crusader
Your best bet is to put an ad in the local paper, post on Craigslist, etc. Most cemeteries won't sell them for you, even if you offer a commission. They make more money selling their own plots.

Whatever you do, DO NOT use those on-line "services". For most of them, you pay a hefty fee up front, and they will advertise the plots for you. Whether they sell or not, they keep your money.

It would be great if there were a cemetery plot real estate type business that just charged a commission if the plots sold, but I can't find such a business anywhere. I'd be willing to pay 20 to 25% for such a service.

I suppose you could donate them and take a tax deduction. I don't know about that , though.

I own seven plots in two cities/states worth thousands of dollars, but I have been unable to sell them for years. Guess I'll leave them to my kids and let them worry about it.

Good luck.
BMo
quote:
Have you tried contacting the City?
No I haven't but I'm not sure how much help they would be since we bought the plots from them.

Crusader I'll have to try print media and craigslist, thanks.
JaneDoe02
AG

Thank you
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.