If you could bulldoze any bar on northgate...

3,113 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by FlyRod
JerryHelper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
you're an awful person
mid90
AG
I would bulldoze every bar on northgate.
Bunk Moreland
Edit. No need to have a conversation now that the thread was moved.
up-n-aTm
AG
Did they forget the umbrella in your fufu drink?
C XX I
JerryHelper
The Corner needs to stay. Overpriced and ****ty drinks but some of the best nights of my life were spent on that 3rd floor roof, drinking shiners and smoking cigarettes
C XX I
JP_Losman
AG
they need to doze most of em and bring in twin peaks and hooters
C XX I
JerryHelper
quote:
Corner management is awful, and the vast majority of the bartenders there are hired purely by cup size alone. Which definitely helps, but they need to be able to pour a beer too. Compared to most bar owners they're okay, though. They're expanding the first floor right now, so no worries. It looks like it's been bulldozed, though.
I agree with all of this. It's all about that 3rd floor. And I admit this is a sentimental thing, not a logical one.
C XX I
JerryHelper
quote:
I talk plenty of **** about them, yet I find myself there over and over. I understand the appeal of the roof.

As long as no one finds out that Hookah is actually a really fun bar upstairs, especially on slower nights, I'm fine.

Wait...****.
BCStalk
Gatbys, Social and every parking lot and parking garage. Make the drunks walk or hitch a ride.
C XX I
JerryHelper
quote:
Don't know when you were last there, but the GM is a younger kid (who IS NOT related to the owner like the last one) who cracked down hard on the cokeheads and ******bags. The downstairs is still a place for Football groupies and idiots to dance and buy **** shots, but upstairs is almost always more laid back. Certainly, it's not even close to a real hookah lounge, but it's much better than the reputation it built for itself in the past. They have one of the best karaoke nights.

As for why it was so Miami club wannabe before, that was the previous GM; he just wanted to do coke and bang teenage girls.
FlyRod
I would just avoid patronizing businesses I have issues with and stay away from them. I realize I'm in a minority here though.
C XX I
JerryHelper
Pretty bummed this got moved out of the zoo. what's more a&m football than going to NG after?
C XX I
Well, time to sanitize all my posts; this board makes way too big of mountains out of way too small of molehills, and my comments about the NG management and IDing procedures would definitely set off a few emotional nukes.
JerryHelper
JerryHelper
Bunk Moreland
why TF did this get moved from the zoo? If I wanted to have a conversation about NG bars with the local yuppies, I would have responded to a thread over here. My entire e-personality changes depending on which board I'm on.

Bad bull, staph.
JerryHelper
quote:
why TF did this get moved from the zoo? If I wanted to have a conversation about NG bars with the local yuppies, I would have responded to a thread over here. My entire e-personality changes depending on which board I'm on.

Bad bull, staph.
C XX I
Same.
95_Aggie
AG
They should have just deleted the thread instead of moving it.
carpe vinum
AG
The Aggieland Mod must be livid to have a thread that isn't all sunshine all the time.
PS3D
Probably Boulevard 217, but only the insides and the 1990s facade. Second probably the hookah bar.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
I would bulldoze every bar on northgate.
It would be a much better place.
FlyRod
Because nothing would be there but the parking lot?
rhoswen
AG
"I don't go there so I support destroying it."
techno-ag
AG
I applaud the mega dorms built there in lieu of bars. Dense student living is preferable to having them dispersed throughout BCS.
FlyRod
About 4-5 times a year your posts make me double over with laughter, techno. This was one of them. Thank you.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.