We will survive!

9,999 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Spyderman
bushytailed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
People of BCS, the students are returning. I repeat, the students are returning. Campus dorms open tomorrow and I'm sure you've noticed the increase in traffic. I hope you have stockpiled enough groceries to last you a couple of weeks. It would be wise to avoid all grocery stores and Target/WalMart. It's probably best to avoid driving altogether. Good luck people. We will get through this. I'll see you on the other side!
ChampsAg
Avoid any destination south of University!
FlyRod
Welcome back, lifeblood of the local economy.
turfman80
AG
Goodbye Hollemann HEB, hello Tejas Center.....
jja79
AG
You forgot to add survival depends on them.
Brewmaster
AG
or just live in Bryan
AgResearch
AG
quote:
You forgot to add survival depends on them their parents' money.
jja79
AG
If not for them mom dad wouldn't be soending/sending money here.
techno-ag
AG
Businesses that survived the summer will be able to remain open another year.
FlyRod
The Original AG 76
AG
Welcome back!!!!
You kids play your cards right and in 49 years or so you will be back again living large and *****in about those damn kids.....
PhiAggie
AG
Townies!
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
There are plenty of other cities to live in if you can't stand living with the students being in town.
Ric Clark
quote:
or just live in Bryan

Be quite.........don't tell people our secret.
FlyRod
I'm waiting for a thread titled "Places in BCS students don't go"...and no, I don't plan on starting one.
Chris98
AG
Next to a home football game weekend, yesterday was the craziest I have seen traffic
Tailgate88
AG
It's been a great summer of light traffic and short waits at restaurants, but I'm glad to see the kids back! The return of the Aggies means football, cooler temperatures, and the holidays are all on the way.

Welcome back Aggies!
AggiePirate
AG
Attention, Bryanites. Our secret gem, Bryan Target has been discovered/compromised. The parking lot looks like Black Friday. Booneville Kroger is still holding steady with half capacity crowds. Earth Art has closed down to avoid the crowds today (or just because they close every Sunday). FYI
FlyRod
I'm out at one of the nicer restaurants and it's all but deserted. Guessing the helicopter parents and kids are clogging Restaurant Row...or maybe they've invaded the bypass places.
techno-ag
AG
We ate lunch at Saltgrass Steakhouse and were surprised at how uncrowded it was. I think you're right about Restaurant Row places being packed.
normaleagle05
AG
You must be joking. Worst HEB ever.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
I'm a Townie and an Aggie. Don't get too uppity. You wouldn't have one without the other. Let's not all pretend that we owe everything we have to A&M.
ksp
What are these students you speak of?
Oogway
Whether local or a newcomer, I urge all to remember to keep your head on a swivel and look out for drivers, bicyclists, and pedestrians. Patience and perseverance and you will arrive at your destination safely and (hopefully) without harming others or yourself.
I like to think the 'Drive Friendly' signs are not being sarcastic.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
quote:
I'm a Townie and an Aggie. Don't get too uppity. You wouldn't have one without the other. Let's not all pretend that we owe everything we have to A&M.

Right. The town would exist and still be called College Station if there was never a school here. Got it.

This is no chicken/egg argument. It's more a goose laying golden eggs.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
My town was established about 50 years before the school.
FlyRod
Friend of mine dropping his daughter off at TU this weekend described things in Austin traffic-wise as vastly worse than here...though that's not exactly a shock.
SARATOGA
Personally I'll avoid West Hwy 6 and North of WDF.

Ready break.

I'll miss you Torchy Taco. See you next summer.
soso33
Saw about 5 cars go through the left turn light after it turned red at Lincoln and University yesterday.
Drake aTm
AG
Saw some kid's mom yelling at him to buy hangers at Walmart.

"Where will you put all of your clothes, sweetie?"

I'm glad my parents didn't have to babysit me through college.
Builder93
AG
I think it's funny watching the kids with their parents around town. Saw a mother taking pictures
of her kids in their first grocery trip at HEB. I could never imagine my parents doing that to me but they thought it was pretty fun.

At least the parents understand that it is a requirement that you wear A&M gear when you come to Aggieland.

My biggest concern is the driving: Overly excited kids, parents that are unsure where to turn, and everyone sightseeing while checking the map on the phone.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
quote:
My town was established about 50 years before the school.

Which town is that?
jja79
AG
quote:

Now that's funny. Without A&M what would you expect CS to be like? Bremond? Anderson?
Rapier108
quote:
quote:

Now that's funny. Without A&M what would you expect CS to be like? Bremond? Anderson?
College Station wouldn't exist and Bryan would be like Caldwell or Navasota.
75AG
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

College Station wouldn't exist and Bryan would be like Caldwell or Navasota.
As discussed in a previous thread - without A&M, College Station would just be Station. And that would be silly....
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.