Local RV Spots

2,446 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by aggies_2001
moore42
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am contemplating pulling a travel trailer down for the Auburn game weekend. Anybody have any recommendations of RV spots within 10-15 minutes of campus that would have availability for that weekend?

Should I post on Ticket Exchange or Football forums?
Jennico
I know a guy that just built a RV park in Iola. Everything is new and it has wifi, he was offering it free for the first football weekend.
gettingitdone
There is a new location out on Elmo Weedon Road but I am not sure of the business name.
armymom
How about just googling RV Parks College Station? OH! I'll do it for you!!!

Karstens RV Resort

Timber Ridge

Aggieland RV Park

RV Parks
techno-ag
AG
Your best bet on a busy weekend like that is prolly going to be one out of town. Try the new one in Caldwell, or maybe the one on 6 near Bremond. Your north Bryan properties like the one on 21/6 & the Marino Rd. RV Park may or may not have space.
Scotch
AG
There is a nice new one on 2818 just south of Beck.

Link
moore42
AG
quote:

Armymom - Thanks for the awesome tip. I took it one step further. I didnt want googles recommendation for an RV Park, I wanted an Aggie's recommendation. So I googled "Aggie recommendations for RV Parks near College Station". It brought me to TexAgs. WTH?? You can actually ask recommendations from Aggies on this website?!?!? Maybe even Aggies who are proprietors of RV locations???

Seriously why does there have to be one person on every thread that thinks they are better at the internet than everyone else??? I also tried this google thing and input "Armymom". I hope i don't get fired from work cause all i got on my browser was pictures of stupid c u next tuesdays.
OnlyANobody
Welcome to the Aggieland board.... Someone always has to tell you how stupid or wrong you are.... Google can be friendlier.
moore42
AG
quote:
Welcome to the Aggieland board.... Someone always has to tell you how stupid or wrong you are.... Google can be friendlier.
I expected as much from the GB or even politics boards. But i dont go there. Anywho.

Thanks everyone else who actually took the time to make recommendations. I will follow up on those.

I think my chances of finding something on a game weekend is probably nil, but its worth a shot.
armymom
moore42: My apologies, I was feeling snarky at the moment but did list the ones that I recommend.

We have stayed at Holiday which is the most convenient to campus but really doubt there will be any spaces. Fortunately new parks have popped up in the last several years but the parks are getting popular for student housing and of course gameday weekends so really have to book ahead of time! There is a new on Hwy 21 close to Caldwell too.

Hope you find a place! If not maybe someone with some land will let you dry camp on it!
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:

Armymom - Thanks for the awesome tip. I took it one step further. I didnt want googles recommendation for an RV Park, I wanted an Aggie's recommendation. So I googled "Aggie recommendations for RV Parks near College Station". It brought me to TexAgs. WTH?? You can actually ask recommendations from Aggies on this website?!?!? Maybe even Aggies who are proprietors of RV locations???

Seriously why does there have to be one person on every thread that thinks they are better at the internet than everyone else??? I also tried this google thing and input "Armymom". I hope i don't get fired from work cause all i got on my browser was pictures of stupid c u next tuesdays.
I hear ya. Been on MyBCS since 2010 myself. There is a lot of negativity and name calling on here. Ignore the trolls and don't let them get you down.
Abbyag06
Steep Hollow RV is right by my house and about 15 minutes from campus. Pretty quiet over here. Not a huge lot. Brother in law lived there for a few months. And Frank's is next door which has a good country restaurant in it.
techno-ag
AG
Paradise RV Park is in Snook, fairly close:
http://www.paradiservoftx.com/

Also check out Brazos Valley RV Park in Caldwell:
http://brazosvalleyrvpark.com/
Owlagdad
The new one on Elmo Weeden is great-in laws staged there graduation weekend . Better get reservations- I know the others stay booked. Nice showers, lots of full timers ,folks who run it are real nice.
Owlagdad
I think they were forty a night
Rexter
My rib's mother has a couple of acres in Caldwell and has thought about doing Rv parking on game weekends. She wants to give it a go this year. Her place can hold up to 10 RVs.

There is room for 10 units. All units must be self-contained, as there are no hook-ups. She does have water available for fresh tank refills. She is asking $50 for the weekend per slot, and $10 for water refills. She lives on a dead end street at the end, with the closest home being 150 yards away.
ETA to Kyle is 20 mins.
Email me if interested
Rexter1200 at yahoo.com
PS3D
They are building one further down Dowling, dunno when they open though.
OnlyANobody
I'm a fan of Gibbons Creek. It can be tough to get in there, but it's more like the campgrounds I have always liked.. Treed lots, etc. FWIW, I was not poking fun at you for not going to Google. I was pointing out that someone invariably points out that Google exists.
aggies_2001
AG
Do you want to stay on campus? There are spaces available through Transportation Services.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.