IT help

1,712 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by originaltexan
MsC2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have any IT suggestions? We got a new router, and that screwed up the network with the Printer, our printer company has been less than stellar.

Thanks!
AggieWife2008
S
You should just have to setup the new internet connection within your printer settings.
MsC2012
AG
I wish it were that easy, but it's not. Something about the IP addresses being messed up, Dahill came out once, and it's just not working right. The Xerox doesn't have a "wifi" setting in the printer. It's very strange.
AggieWife2008
S
Hmmm well I am not going to be much help LOL!

I have dealt with Systek before--super nice and professional.
AggiePlaya
AG
Try removing the printer in windows and reinstalling it
flyingaggie12
AG
I work in IT at the university. I could take a look at it if you want.
o.O
The Xerox should have a web interface.
Are you able to get to it via a web browser?

If yes - good try deleting and recreating a new printer setup in "printers" on the PC using that IP and a TCP/IP as the port type.

If no
is it a built in Wifi adapter or and external Wifi adapter (looks like a little router hooked up tot the printer)

Are you logging in to the Xerox via the admin login?
u/n Admin
p/w 1111
If any other login you may not see all of the TCP/IP menus for changing or updating the IP info.

Also some of the Xerox printers respond well to a cold boot after menu settings changes after they are saved. If you made all your changes and nothing seems to work, unplug that sucker, wait about 10-15 seconds and plug it back in.
MsC2012
AG
Can you email me mrsc201224 at gmail

Missed a letter!
flyingaggie12
AG
tried emailing but don't know if that is the right email.
AggiePirate
AG
NERDERY FTW
originaltexan
Try this.

There should be a little round button on the back of your modem. Press that for 5 seconds.

It will beam out and any new devices should be picked up.

That part is easy, and your printer should be recognized.

Now back at the printer, you may have to do some YES/NO questions. It should have an LCD or something that allows human input.
Tailgate88
AG
^^^ I would be careful pushing any buttons on the modem if you don't know what they are. If you hit the reset button on some router/modems you could clear the config. I think the button he is talking about is the one to automatically configure/detect new wifi devices, make sure that is the one you are pushing. Not all modem/routers have one.
thefarcus
I can try to help if you like. Contact thefarcus@gmail.com. I won't charge if I can't get it working.
originaltexan
There are some different buttons on a router/modem.

One will reset the configuration.

One will discover new devices. Not all modems have one.

I would be careful.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.