Help locating thieves...

1,971 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by BlueMiles
AggieRebel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cross posted in outdoors and AO...

A friend of mine was in the process of moving out of her place in the Flying Ace houses off Rock Prairie in CS. She went back to get the last of her stuff and found someone had broken in and stole her Stratocaster guitar among a few other things.

Her neighbors said there was a newer black dodge truck with a pink scorpion sticker on the back window was parked in her driveway a couple hours earlier. There was a fat Mexican girl and a fat white girl walking around but neighbors thought they were just there to help my friend move.

So anyways, if you guys in College Station see a truck that matches that description if you could get the license plate number maybe the cops can track them down. I know it's a long shot but you guys have done more with less information. Thanks in advance!

***Update***
The owner of the houses at Flying Ace just called my friend and said that his cleaning ladies thought everyone was moved out so they took things of value and locked them in the office. So all is good, if you see that truck maybe don't call in the cavalry.
DBSwooper
Is there a case number to reference if we call dispatch when we see the truck?
AggieRebel
AG
Just asked about a case number. I'll post it when I hear back.

Edit: case no. 15007903
aviationag
AG
Will keep a lookout.
momlaw
AG
Suggests hitting the pawn shops tomorrow with the case number and item descriptions.
studioone
isn't there an officer who's sole purpose is to go to pawn shops every week to check their new inventory?
TLIAC
AG
quote:
isn't there an officer who's sole purpose is to go to pawn shops every week to check their new inventory?
No. A cliff notes version of what happens is - pawn tickets are entered into a statewide data base that coordinates with the data base that police departments enter stolen merchandise in. That is why it is so very important that people keep track of serial numbers because that is how matches are made. I was able to recover a iPad that had been stolen last year through this system. No department has the staffing to go to all the pawn shops each week and check their inventory.
ksp
There was a thread about a year ago (I think) about a scam of two women (one V. large and one V. small) that were flagging down people saying lugnuts about to fall out and they would repair it and were charging a few hundred dollars to do so.

I tried to find the thread but could not BUT it has a pic of these two women. If you can find it, maybe you can show the neighbors and see if they are the same people.
ksp
Story about them....

http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/bryan-college-station-drivers-warned-to-be-on-lookout-for/article_c45822d1-339f-51c2-9e13-0a79056074c1.html

I am still looking....
BlueMiles
AG
This was a thread from the Automotive board. I think the thread on the Aggieland board was removed.

http://texags.com/forums/46/topics/2497314
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.