Brake repair in College Station

2,081 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AgFan1999
PetroAg87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Petroag87 Jr. needs to have some work done on a 2002 Silverado in Aggieland. Probably a brake job and possibly an alternator replacement also. Any good auto shops that you can recommend?

Anyone have any experience with AAMCO Total Car Care, Superior Auto Service, or Aggieland Automotive?

Thanks Ags.
Max06
AG
I've had bad experiences with AAMCO Total & Aggieland Automotive. Currently have been using Firestone and have been pretty happy with them, but YMMV.

Aamco did a brake job for me but they were making a terrible howling noise afterwards. 6 trips later they never could figure out what was wrong amd wouldn't do anything to tryto figure it out besides look it over again and resurface the rotors each time. Took it to another shop and they fixed it immediately.

Aggieland Auto made up-sale service recommendations, which I declined. Then it just 'happened' that one of the parts that they wanted to up sell me on broke while they were doing the originally (unrelated) requested repair. They wanted to charge me full price & labor for a part that THEY broke. After much ado we agreed that I'd pay for the part, at wholesale price, and they'd install it for free.
PetroAg87
AG
Thanks Max. I found an earlier thread on here and saw some suggestions for Sevcik's. Probably will direct him there.
CrazyAgE
Highly recommend University Tire & Service on South College. Alan and Stan will treat you with the best service!! Have used them for years and many others on here have recommended them as well
AggiePirate
AG
Suggest going to JustBrakes on Texas Ave, not sure what all they do there though.
CrazyAgE
quote:
Suggest going to JustBrakes on Texas Ave, not sure what all they do there though.

I would avoid Just Brakes like the plague. Just my opinion. I have never heard anything good about them.
PetroAg87
AG
Thanks Ags.
Spyderman
AG
Midas?
Brewmaster
AG
B&B Automotive in Bryan (personal preference ) or Sevcek's (close 2nd)
dgonzo99
quote:
quote:

I would avoid Just Brakes like the plague. Just my opinion. I have never heard anything good about them.
How true. My experience with them was one of the worst.
JP76
University Tire

If it's just an alternator and brakes I could do it on a Saturday morning if you would like them to watch and learn about the responsibility of vehicle ownership.
Joe Nobody
Highly recommend Lester Goodson at Advanced Automotive in Bryan.
InMyOpinion
quote:
Thanks Max. I found an earlier thread on here and saw some suggestions for Sevcik's. Probably will direct him there.

This is your answer. I've used Sevciks since 1995 and always get great service
AgFan1999
AG
Bad experience with Sevcik's. I take my car to Pilger's.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.