Treating speech apraxia?

1,300 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jac4
starbuck128
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have a recommendation for a SLP who has experience treating children with speech apraxia?
OnlyANobody
I don't know anything about it, but the unusual nature of the word made me remember seeing it in another thread. I'm linking it here. Maybe you can get with the OP of that thread and find some suggestions.

Apraxia of Speech Thread
momlaw
AG
I love Miss Nobody.
jac4
AG
Our son has Apraxia of speech and we know of 2 other families in town who have a child with it.

I strongly recommend Carissa as an SLP who is now at St Joes. We have seen 8-10 SLPs for our son and she is by far the best.

My wife tried to arrange a support group in town, but it is not a very prevalent disorder. I'd be happy to talk more about this as it is very close to my heart.

I'm not a huge Facebook fan, but there are 2 really great Apraxia groups on FB. One is called Apraxia Kids. The other is Parents of Tweens and Teens with Apraxia. There is also an Apraxia Kids Texas FB group.

Good luck and if interested I can email you.
starbuck128
AG
Thank you for the SLP recommendation and the Facebook groups. I'd love to talk with someone about apraxia. I don't want to post my email on the forum, but this is a throw away email. I can then email you from my real account.

wordplay369@gmail.com
jac4
AG
Email sent
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.