Help for a local

1,592 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by dachsie
dachsie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A friend of mine is in need of some help. She stated a new job in May but her insurance does not go into effect until October. She was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor in her colon and had emergency surgery to remove it 2 weeks ago. She has no way of working so she has no income and mounting hospital bills. She is a sweel lady who lives here in the community and I was hoping some kind souls out there might help her out with the go fund me page her sister set up. Please consider helping her

http://www.gofundme.com/8zf77zu4w
Max06
AG
She may be able to retro-actively enroll in COBRA, usually you can do it anytime within 3 months of the termination of the previous health insurance.

It's expensive, but it's better than nothing.
BlueMiles
AG
quote:
She may be able to retro-actively enroll in COBRA, usually you can do it anytime within 3 months of the termination of the previous health insurance.

It's expensive, but it's better than nothing.

Great suggestion. I hope that will work.
OnlyANobody
Additionally, she could go through the ACA (Obama Care) portal and try enrolling there. Although we are currently outside the "open enrollment" period, there are certain circumstances that allow for enrolling at other times.

I'm posting the link because there are a lot of fake sites out there. ACA Enrollment

*Disclaimer - NOT moving this thread in a political direction or speaking for or against ACA. Just saying - it's there, it might be useful.
FlyRod
A local business owner dealing with cancer did ACA and I think outside the enrollment period. I'll find out from her if true and what she did and report back if I find something helpful. Hang in there.
techno-ag
AG
God bless her. Hope the best for her.
dachsie
I also referred her to St Vincent De Paul to help her pay her rent and utilities as she has no income since she isnt working
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.