Barn Cats - looking for "work"

3,044 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by cs-barncats
cs-barncats
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have two unsocialized kittens (16-17 weeks old), both orange tabby males ("Laser" and "Thistle"), who are looking for work as mousers in a barn or stables.

They will not let you pet/handle them, but they tolerate people and will come around for food. They have both already been neutered, vaccinated and microchipped. Both also tested negative for the usual communicable cat diseases.

I am located in College Station and willing to drive them anywhere within 2-3 hours. Looking for a small rehoming fee of $20, but negotiable for the right cat "employer."
SARATOGA
I find this extremely tempting. Do you think they'd be able to "fight off" a friendly, but aggressively playing German Shorthair ?

My neighbor tried the "barn cat" thing with little bitty kittens. With a young toddler playing around outside, of course the kittens found their way over to our house for affections.

My dog killed 3 of the 4. Not from anger, but from aggressive play and not understanding the fragility of a teacup sized kitten.

The 4th, the dog eventually left alone (shock collar) and the kitten was smart enough to climb on the firewood stack to stay out of his reach. But the 4th I'm pretty sure died from a Copperhead bite.

The copperheads have since been dispatched. But living in the country, the mice/rate/gopher population is always a problem.

A couple of hisses and claw swipes from an older kitty should be enough to let the German shorthair know not to trifle with them. I'm willing to provide the occasional bowl of food, and saucer of milk for some exceptional employees.....your thoughts ?

TXAggie1976
AG
Thanks so much for spaying and neutering them!
cs-barncats
As long as they would have escape routes and ways to get out of reach of the dog, I think it would probably be okay. They're about 3-4 pounds each and pretty skittish. In general, they'll probably just stay out of the dog's way as much as possible.
cs-barncats
Saratoga, didn't hear back from you. Are you still interested in the cats?
Jeffrey Leatherwood
We could use some more at Flying Ace. Our tenants love the cats we have as of now but they are getting old and fat. And slow . :-)
Aggieland Properties, We didn't set the bar, we raised it! www.Aggieland-Properties.com I www.BuyAggieland.com I 888-856-2281
cs-barncats
They still need work and they are young and fit!

I'm new to this forum and not sure how things work...is there a way to send a private message so I can send you my email address?
OnlyANobody
cs-barncats - If you follow the second link in Jeffrey Leatherwood's post, www.buyaggieland.com , there is an "email me" link on the left hand side of the page.
cs-barncats
Thank you!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.