Scott and White Billing Help

3,810 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AgsWin2011
BCSMom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know this has been discussed quite a bit but Scott and White billing is horrible.

I did a quick search to see if anyone from S&W had responded to any threads but haven't seen any.

I'm trying to get in contact with someone that actually knows what they are looking at and can help. The people at the 800# are useless.

TIA
iisanaggie
AG
Your best bet is to take all of your paperwork and go speak in person to a billing associate. The people on the phone are NO help!
MsC2012
AG
Facebook message them, I got a call 10 minutes later from the head of billing and it was resolved.
BCSMom
Thanks! I will try that.
BlueMiles
AG
Do we conclude they surf Facebook all day?
MsC2012
AG
Lol someone suggested it to me and it worked. So I accepted it.
longsisters
AG
I sent a pretty firm "I'm disappointed and this needs to be fixed" email to their patient relations department . I got an email that afternoon getting me in touch with someone high up in billing. It was resolved quickly.
jopatura
AG
The reason Facebook and public relations emails work is because there's usually a salaried employee on the other side of those accounts.

Company phone numbers will at best get you a call center in the Midwest with someone who has been trained out of a company handbook and makes $10/hr. If you're unlucky, it'll be someone in India.
montegobay
I think I will try that number to resolve an issue with a doctor never returning a call/following through with what she said she would do. So frustrating!
Crusader
I just got off the phone with S&W (after being on hold forever). I had two lesions removed a few months ago, and my secondary insurance refused to pay. Why? Because S&W filed it as a dental procedure. My dental insurance isn't even with my secondary provider.

This was just another of several times my bill has been screwed up by S&W, but if you stay with them, they will eventually get it right. Otherwise, you'll just have to pay out of pocket.
SARATOGA
Honestly I generally think it is the healthcare industry in general in terms of billing failures.

The Med isn't any better.

With a 3rd party payor system and contracts based off percentages of chargemasters - nothing is based on reality and the consumer is the most confused.

I got a letter from the Med the other day saying "Please help us contact your insurance provider"

Really ? It is Blue Cross. Try google. Why should I spend my time and effort helping you get money from the insurance company ?
ButtonB
I've had S&W miscategorize office visits and procedures twice before. Each time, I've printed off the record of the visit in question from MyChart and brought it in person with the bill to speak to their billing staff.

The billing staff members have much better access to the insurance agencies than we do when just calling the 800 number (special phone lines, know the right things to say, etc), and things always get resolved in the 5-10 mins I'm sitting in the office.
BCSMom
Well I emailed them via facebook. They responded quickly, but they apparently didn't even read the info I sent them. They told me to call another number that was related to financial assistance vs speaking to someone about my bill issues/balance. I replied back again with the info and they've read, but not responded yet.

BCSMom
Still not getting anywhere with S&W about who I can speak to. Guess I'll try patient relations.
ksp
They quoted me $1178 for a suyrgery as I had met my dedt and $1178 would be the difference.

After the surgery, 6 months go by and I have bills totaling $2971.

They said well we miss figured the anathesiologist( spelling yes I know) and that cost more. I said you missed it my $8500??(so I owed 20% of the $8500) You can't get any closer than that on a 6'1" average weight male?

Anyways I refused to pay it, they sent to collections, told collections to pack sand, turned over to my credit, fought it on my credit report and had it removed.

Was called back and said they would take $500 to settle the matter once and for all, told them to pack sand once more. I refuse to pay a dime more than what I was quoted, didn't care if they removed it from credit or not, but i am not and will not ever pay it.
dachsie
BCSMom - Take your paperwork and go to the Hospital and ask to speak to one of the billing dept counselors.
Unfortunately, even the employees are not immune to the errors in billing.
justalocal
I've never had an issue with billing but I refuse to use S&W because I have a unisex first name and it was like pulling teeth to get them to recognize that I was female. I don't know how many times I tell them that I'm female only to be repeatedly asked where my husband is because they are expecting a male patient. And then having to wait for them to call the ob/gyn office to confirm that I'm actually a female patient. Even though they continually say they changed the info in the computer, it never gets changed and they end up screwing something else up like deleting an appointment. Then if I get a prescription, I have to go thru that whole thing again. Go thru that a few times and never again.
AgsWin2011
AG
Been having an issue with billing as well. I started a new job in January and my new insurance with my new employer wouldn't kick in until I had worked 30 days with them. My wife had an appointment with the OBG for her first visit during this pregnancy. We told them we would be doing cash pay and they said my insurance from my previous employer was still good through 1/15/2015. With that being the case, my wife went ahead and got her lab work done as they weren't very busy. Insurance covered all but $200-300. 7 months later insurance kicks it back and says we weren't covered because the paperwork for the lab work didn't get turned in until the 17th of the month. My wife had her lab work done on the 12th. They said we owed almost $800 and have now knocked it down to $500 and change. Bottom line is I'm not paying for a dime of it. I'm simply not going to pay for someone else's mistake, especially if it's because they can't get their paperwork turned in in a timely manner. I was supposed to get a call from upper management and haven't heard anything. The lady said we were covered so we did the lab work. Otherwise, we would have waited until the new insurance plan started. I wish we would have just waited so there wouldn't even be a debate (plus the fact it wouldn't have counted towards the deductible on our new plan).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.