Rim amd tire thieves at it again

9,392 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AgResearch
originaltexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AboveAndBeyond
That's cute . Actually the 20 is a good idea. One per tire hasn't slowed these guys down though.
Brewmaster
AG
You sure? You need the key to remove them... how would they remove it? A welding torch? Lol
CactusThomas
AG
They hammer on the wrong size tire iron.
AboveAndBeyond
Pictures I saw looked like they banged a screwdriver on it until it screwed off. Sounds like it would make a lot of noise but it was a single gash on the side.
letterman72
AG
quote:
Wheel Locks

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Internal-Spline-Wheel-Locks.aspx?t_c=11&t_s=107&t_pt=3679&t_pn=GOR61681&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping&emlprox=out&ppcfon=1&gp=1&gclid=CJ7xiKqLg8cCFZU0aQodd3wFww

I have 5 wheel locks on each wheel of my car, for a total of 20. It would be impossible for them to steal my wheels. As soon as they see the locking lug nuts (which require a special and unique tool that comes in the kit), they won't bother and they'll move on to the next vehicle.
Spraying freon on those locks and tapping them with a hammer will cause the locks to shatter in multiple pieces. Saw this on TV years ago on some documentary. I think the law knows they are a group out of Washington County but can't catch them in the act.
O.G.
Sorry if this is Germans and the moon thing...but....

I talked to a DPS trooper today that lives in our area. An arrest was made involving 2 men roughly 18-20 years old. They work for a lawn care company (The Trooper did not know which one) which is how they knew which houses to hit and when people would be home.

One has confessed to actually going into one of the houses and stealing a gun, so that's 2 felonies right there.
The other isn't talking so who get's charged with what is still yet to be seen.

The Trooper did say that these incidents were down since the arrest.
BlueMiles
AG
Thanks
nai06
AG
Wheel locks look nice but you can buy a removal socket for $20 that will take any lock off.
Scruffy
AG
quote:
Wheel locks look nice but you can buy a removal socket for $20 that will take any lock off.

Or just take a slightly smaller socket and hammer it on.
That's what we did when I worked at discount tire.
Brewmaster
AG
Hammering wheel locks at 3 a.m., that should be quiet... its too much trouble, they'd move on to another vehicle
BrandoC
AG
Its called a security light, security camera, and a shot gun. Enough said.
Scruffy
AG
It's called claymores.
cledus6150
AG
You are incorrect they removed all the locking lugs from my dad's and left them there for him he also got some nice cinder blocks from a few houses over that where holding his truck up. When guys are this organized they find a way around little things like locks, especially for a set of brand new king ranch wheels and tires.
nai06
AG
seems I misspoke earlier. A removal nut can be had for less than $13.

wheel lock removal nut $12.79

no hammering or loud noises needed
Brewmaster
AG
why post that? to encourage other degenerates?

So this bunch is motivated. The vehicle owners need to get motivated. Browning makes good security systems. Bait them - park their favorite wheel of choice outside with a gps device inside one of the wheels...how about a cheap flip phone activated and on silent. You would think CSPD could catch them, there's more money to be made in giving out MIP's I guess.
AgResearch
AG
quote:
Browning makes good security systems.

In many calibers
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.