Tractor+Shredder to Borrow/Lease or Someone to Shred Pasture (5-6 acres in Kurten)

2,429 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by DrAeroAg05
DrAeroAg05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy!

Our pastures are getting pretty tall with weeds, so we need to shred about 5-6 acres in the Kurten area. Ideally, someone near by would let us borrow their tractor so I can shred it myself (we could pay for wear and tear). I used to have a tractor (old 1952 Ferguson TO30), but sold it a while back.

If we can't borrow a tractor, we are willing to pay someone to come out and shred it for us at a reasonable price. I like to go off of recommendations, rather than calling random people (via Craigslist for example).

If anyone has or knows of someone with tractor that would be willing to let us use it (and pay for wear and tear), that would be great! If anyone has any recommendations on people to shred, that would be appreciated too!

Thanks!
Max06
AG
Redtail Rentals has small (35hp or so) tractors that you can rent, if that would help out.
dubi
AG
quote:
Howdy!

Our pastures are getting pretty tall with weeds, so we need to shred about 5-6 acres in the Kurten area. Ideally, someone near by would let us borrow their tractor so I can shred it myself (we could pay for wear and tear). I used to have a tractor (old 1952 Ferguson TO30), but sold it a while back.

If we can't borrow a tractor, we are willing to pay someone to come out and shred it for us at a reasonable price. I like to go off of recommendations, rather than calling random people (via Craigslist for example).

If anyone has or knows of someone with tractor that would be willing to let us use it (and pay for wear and tear), that would be great! If anyone has any recommendations on people to shred, that would be appreciated too!

Thanks!

Knock on the door of a really close neighbor and ask? Then the tractor doesn't need to be put on a trailer.
Tex Aggie
AG
Spray the weeds next year
Floyd06
Call Donald Mathis at 589-1209. He owns Wickson Auto and has a crew that shreds pastures. You can also send me you contact info and I will get it to him. He is a great honest guy.
ksp
quote:
Redtail Rentals has small (35hp or so) tractors that you can rent, if that would help out.
This, we always get one at 3pm on a friday, return monday AM. It is consider one day. 6 ft shredder, about $225. We mow our deer lease in Hearne each year before dove season and have one reserved for the 14-16th, we rent it each year.
DrAeroAg05
AG
quote:
Call Donald Mathis at 589-1209. He owns Wickson Auto and has a crew that shreds pastures. You can also send me you contact info and I will get it to him. He is a great honest guy.
I'll give him a call to check on his availability and pricing.

If Donald doesn't work out, I'll look into Redtail Rentals.

Thanks guys!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.