Anybody else with no internet or cable?!

8,300 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Stucco
(Removed:11023A)
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hate Suddenlink!!!

We have no cable or internet and it's going to take two damn hours to get it back on!!
BCStalk
Dish
MiMi
S
I'm in south CS and have Suddenlink internet/cable. No problems (so far).
(Removed:11023A)
AG
Thanks, I'm in Bryan
blip
Yes. I went down around ~19:00 (West Villa Maria area). Called Suddenlink, they said that there is an outage in the area (much to my surprise)

Give them a call at 877-794-2724. The tech I spoke with said he was going to schedule a tech to come out just for the purposes of escalating the issue. He said more than likely it will be resolved before the scheduled service call (scheduled for Tuesday! talk about prompt!)

The more calls they get makes the prod of urgency get hotter.
dman2217
Depending on how long it's out may not hurt to call customer service and see if they'll refund you even a small percentage of your money. If you're paying for the service and it's their fault you're not getting it then you should be reimbursed.
MiMi
S
quote:
If you're paying for the service and it's their fault you're not getting it then you should be reimbursed.
Yes, they will do this. About a year or so ago, we had frequent issues with our internet, was going down almost daily. After a call to tech support, I had a significant credit applied to my next bill (~$100).
blip
Coming up on two hours of no service. Suddenlink is unphased by the prod of urgency.

I'm mildly irritated. I've been lucky and for the most part have had good service with Suddenlink. I'm sure a cable got cut somewhere or the sun actually touched the ground today and melted something.

I'll start kickin and screaming like a baby if it passes the 2hr and 5 minute mark though!
OnlyANobody
Suddenlink has been dropping here (Bryan) so much lately that Mr. Nobody has been calling it Suddendeath. When we added it, we kept the Verizon internet because we have Verizon for landline phones anyway... Thank goodness.... There'd be a lot of mad Nobodies here, otherwise...
blip
The Great Suddenlink Bryan TX Internet Outage of 07/26/15 is over for me (or so it seems).

Service restored approximately at 21:30 CST.

I would like to thank all responsible parties for their efforts. I can now return to normal unproductive activities.
redd38
AG
Never went down for me in Bryan
thefarcus
Suddenlink, Dis-connected!

I just dropped my suddenlink and went with Wirestar. So much happier. And not a single outage with them. I keep trying to spread the word to people!
AggieBarstool
Nope. SL up and running strong, as usual, for me. Never have issues.
Yuccadoo
I live in the country and have Verizon DSL. It only works about 70% of the time. And when it works, the typical rate is 1.5 mbps. I have only found one person in their entire organization that gives a crap about helping. And I think he is about to give up after 4 years of complaining.
ksp
quote:
Nope. SL up and running strong, as usual, for me. Never have issues.
same
Eliminatus
AG
I despise cable companies in general and Suddenlink probably even more so for their outrageous pricing plans and data caps and let's not even talk about the installation process....I almost kicked the installer out of my house. Would have if I knew I could've gotten another one to be sent to my house that same day.

But I can say that in six months we've had three outages. Sounds like a lot but all came back within an hour or two. Sometimes things go wrong with mechanical equipment. I've had the same number of power outages. I get that. I've called on two of the occasions and the rep was nice and informative and assured me both times that service techs were out and fixing the problem. Both times internet came back within a half hour.

So I still hate suddenlink, but they do a provide a service that usually works. MUCH better than what I had in California previously. F'n Time warner is the worst....

BCStalk
I've got a fun one for you. I am a Dish customer. I love my Dish, my Dish never goes out...except when some idiot Suddenlink installer is working on my neighbors cable. The guy was such a jack hole that instead of fixing my connection he knocked out, he continued his install. I of course am furious so I confront him about it at he states that he never touched my connection and continues his install. He then states again that he did not mess with my connection and I should try adjusting my satellite dish. Did I mention this guy was an idiot. I finally get tired of having my TV off for over an hour so I go see what this guy did. Come to find out he swapped both of my feed in cables on my splitter. So during his install my cables magically got reversed because it definitely was not him (according to him). Point of this post of course is that I got rid of Suddenlink for this very reason and they are still messing with me!!!!
nickstro66
AG
I've had a lot of issues with the cable converter box that they forced everyone to get. It stops working at random times and takes a long time to fix.
Rapier108
My cable is out beyond channel 225. All of the 100 numbered channels are only in standard def.

This is with both the converter box and the regular desktop box.

The converter box gives an error message saying

"The video signal has been interrupted."

"If the problem persists, please call your cable operator for support. Sorry for the inconvenience."

"Status Code 225"

The desktop box just gives a blank screen.

Called Suddenlink and got an automated message saying there is a problem in the area and their technicians are "diligently working" to fix the problem.
Stucco
Mine said that too - right after a commercial touting their reliability.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.