Aerofit

3,356 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by evenkeel
MsC2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can someone explain why there's an enrollment fee? I feel like they are way expensive. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Carnwellag2
They have found that people who want to join will pay it.
MsC2012
AG
Yeah, I just don't see the benefit. If you only wanna do month to month it's a $200 Enrollment.
MsC2012
AG
If someone was just looking for like cardio, Planet Fitness I guess is a good choice.
Brewmaster
AG
If you're in Bryan, I'd go to Snap Fitness for just cardio. Yeah Aerofit is a hard sell (used car lot) kind of feel up front.
MsC2012
AG
We're in South CS, but we wanted a pool. But I've heard mixed things about their pool, not sure what we're going to do. But enrollment fees just baffle me. If you're willing to sign a contract they shouldn't exist.
91_Aggie
AG
Tilting at windmills trying to fight enrollment fees. Every place charges them and none of them want to give them up.

Sometimes some of them will have special where they waive them, but it doesn't happen often.

I just researched the dome, anytime fitness and aerofit. Aerofit was the most expensive. But surprisingly enough anytime fitness was higher than the dome.

I may outgrow it but you can't beat planet fitness. $10 a month, but there is $30 enrollment fee and an annual $29 fee every October.

And it's never overcrowded. I went by aerofit at around 6pm to check it out and it was just packed, so some people think it is worth $45+ per month
MsC2012
AG
Thanks! I might give them a try, I just want to start getting healthy, I'm not in any shape to be a die hard, just want to start off slow!
BlazeHarper
What kind of rates was the fitness dome giving you ?
91_Aggie
AG
They said they could get it to 39.95 / month
91_Aggie
AG
Planet fitness is the way to go if you are just starting. They really push the non-intimidation attitude.
DBSwooper
quote:
Can someone explain why there's an enrollment fee? I feel like they are way expensive. Any thoughts are appreciated.
If the YMCA really does open here I have a feeling Aerofit will be hurting. The new location is a small cardio circuit spot with a bunch of machines. The former 24-hour fitness locations are basically the same. The two main locations are plagued with horribly maintained equipment and facilities. I was a member years ago and the staff/management have always been nice, but every time I visit (as recently as last month) I'm amazed at how poorly the main locations are maintained.

If you can put up with all the "bros" then Golds is really the best spot in town for a good gym, minus a pool or basketball court. Best decision I've made is outfitting my garage. The weights are always put away and no one is curling in the squat rack.

FlyRod
Not sure what Golds you go to, but the "bro" quotient at the Bryan one is quite small.

w8liftr
If LA Fitness or 24 Hour Fitness decide to open a big box gym on BCS, the market will shift away from Aerofit and the Dome.

If Lifetime Fitness opened up here, both aerofit and the dome will be forced out and Golds will lose its non-bro members. Spotless gyms, lotsa cardio, basketball, rock climbing, indoor and outdoor pools are standard for Lifetime locations. Obviously more expensive than PF, but there's a reason for that.

The Y is small potatoes compared to those three clubs.
jarz94
AG
I go to the original location in Bryan. I prepay for 3 or 4 months at a time, and each month is about $50. There was $25 enrollment fee, but as long as I pay for more months before my current deal ends, I don't have to pay it again. This is the best deal in my opinion.
taxpreparer
AG
I am mostly satisfied with Aerofit, on Longmire. It is usually clean; I use the pool several times a week ( and weights on occassion); Anthony (the manager) is polite and listens when I have a comment or suggestion;and each of the attendants at the front desk are smiling, friendly and quick to learn customer's names. Occasionally there is equipment that doesn't work, but they are usually quick to get it repaired. My biggest gripe is the whirlpools; they installed high end home tubs instead of commercial grade and that seems to be the equipment that is most often not working.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
SumAggie
for the same reason airlines charge baggage fees - because they CAN!
TXCityGirl
The pool is small and cloudy, but it's okay. I swam laps last week in the city pool on Rock Prairie and enjoyed that more than the Aerofit Longmire pool. It was cleaner and clearer, which is odd since it's outside.
I have never seen anyone cleaning the Longmire pool and that concerns me. I do like the yoga classes at Aerofit, if that helps.
Prophet00
AG
We're actually looking to transfer our membership to someone, to the Aerofit at Longmire. It's $44.95/month for two people. If we transfer it to someone else, there are no fees (there are, but we'd pay the $50), and you can start using it right away with no sign up cost. It would be in your name, too. We aren't using it anymore. Send me a message if you are interested, and I can give you my phone number.
MsC2012
AG
I'm interested. How much longer is left. Email me. Cgirl2024 at gmail
Prophet00
AG
Just sent you an email.
MontanaAg11
AG
On that same note - for anyone else who might be interested. I have a single membership that is 32/month that I would be willing to pay the transfer fee. It ends next April and at that point you can go month to month. I've been working out elsewhere and trying to tighten the purse strings to save for a ring. :P
pudge
Does the Aerofit have water classes like water aerobics? When I moved away to Sugar Land last year, I joined Lifetime Fitness which has 3 pools. I take the water aerobics classes and swim laps. No stress on my surgically repaired knees and lost 60 pounds. I was at the dome, but wished they had a pool and the new Aerofit pool looked very small.
lindseyedrington
http://www.aerofitclubs.com/find-your-club/longmire/group-exercise/

Yes, here is the link to Aerofit's group exercise schedule.
evenkeel
MrsC2012 I think Aerofit enrollment fee is only $49 - or there about. At least that what is was a month or so back. Ask to try the club for free before you join anywhere. Most good clubs will encourage that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.