I want to lose my home phone, but High Speed Internet options?

2,071 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by KidDoc
redsnapper101
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We live in south/ east CS, and right now I have Direct TV (VERY HAPPY), and Verizon DSL (Extremely Happy). We are wanting to lose my home phone because we just dont use it anymore. About a year ago I checked with Verizon about dropping my phone line, but was told in my area it cant be done because the DSL line uses it. Which is weird because on the other side hwy 6, you can do this??

I want to keep my Direct TV, drop home phone service, and I need help with High Speed Internet without download limits.... I will never use suddenlink again, had thier service years ago and well NO.

Any Suggestions? Options?

Thanks
UmustBKidding
Verizon for a time offered dsl without phone service. If you have it already you can keep it. New service requires the purchase of a phone line with it an you cannot remove the phone only from existing service. You can remove options like touch tone and anything else to lower it's cost. You are still stuck with the stupid fees.
If you take suddenlink out of the equation you may be able to use wirestar in limited areas or be stuck using a slower or more expensive wireless service. keeping the phone likely cheaper than wireless.
This said Verizon wireline phone markets have been sold to frontier. When the sale closes there Is hope the situation will improve. It's hard to see how it can be any worse than their current state.

KaneIsAble
AG
I have what you want but have to use sudden link Internet.
Post removed:
by user
UmustBKidding
You can't that's the issue. You could for a short period of time but not any more. If you got in on it you are grandfathered.
woodometer
AG
I had my mother's internet with Verizon on a dry loop. Had the account fro about 8 years then about a month ago without notice Verizon disconnected the service. When I called to find out why they could not explain why it was cut off and admitted that it was their fault but that given new regulations they were unable to turn it back on without adding a phone line. Needless to say I was quite mad and spent many hours on the phone talking to supervisors. Long story short. After being lied to and deceived many times I ended up with a phone line that we do not use and the dsl turned back on. I was told that they do not grandfather dry loops in Texas and that they are making the rounds to turning them off due to new regulations.
slickwilly107
Just dropped the crooks at Verizon and went with Wirestar. No home phone. Very pleased so far. I can't post all of the names I want to call Verizon without suffering the ban.
Post removed:
by user
thefarcus
I also went with Wirestar and I'm so much happier. The connection is incredibly stable, and thank god I finally get good customer service. They are local and actually want to help you. Ask them any question, they are very helpful. Another happy switch from suddenlink!
redsnapper101
Thanks for the info
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Same situation as you. I went with Suddenlink a few years ago. Really don't have many issued with them. Used to when I first started, but my internet service is great. Fast and reliable.
KidDoc
AG
I've had no issues at all since moving 1/2015 with Suddenlink. I really think they have improved their service.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.