Wood Carving Clubs in BCS?

1,371 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by studioone
stryder77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy Ags,

My dad is in his 60's and enjoys wood carving. He's been looking for other wood carvers to hang out with like a wood carving clubs that he goes to in Dallas when he comes down here. Does anyone know if we have that kind of things in BCS?

Thanks.
Brewmaster
AG
I don't know of any clubs, but Professor Hill comes to mind - a local wood carver (and maybe one of the best anywhere)...see his work in the MSC.

http://www.thebatt.com/news/msc-wood-panels-are-one-of-the-first-records-of/article_44a5dd22-ea36-11e4-a776-1f0f1414a8bb.html

I don't know how to get in touch with him, but if you can, he might have some ideas.
Kendall Rogers
AG
You might check with the Brazos Valley Woodturners at http://bvturners.com/ I suspect that many of the woodturners are also carvers as woodturning is basically one form of woof carving.
studioone
im a member of bvturners..

call my cell 229-7311 or email me darrin@avalonweddingsbcs.com and ill get you on the email list..

we primarily turn.. but i carve a lot and I'm sure there are others who do...

stryder77
Thank you all for the replies. I'm forwarding on all this to his email with this thread so he can try to get in touch with some folks with similar interests. At least its a step in the right direction. Keep them coming if anyone else has more information that i can provide to him.

Brewmaster
AG
Wow studioone, very nice - did you make those? I need to make some tap handles for the kegerator.
studioone
Yeah.. Those are mine, have to be creative somehow...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.