What was George Bush Drive called before it was George Bush Drive?

5,612 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by DeckMe80
Marauder Blue 6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PS3D
Jersey Street
taxpreparer
AG
And George Bush E. was Kyle St.
95_Aggie
AG
West of the tracks was Jersey Street West
techno-ag
AG
At least Old Jersey is still called Old Jersey.
AgCPA
AG
Why was it that I recall more golf balls bouncing across it before they changed the name?
AggiePhil
AG
FM 2347
Frio Cielo
quote:
At least Old Jersey is still called Old Jersey.
Actually, Old Jersey was once Jersey. Jersey used to "T" at Fairview. And then it stared up again where George Bush and Fairview intersect. Back in about 1954 the city decided to straighten it out by extending straight from that intersection to where Jersey curved at the corner of Goat Hill Park (now Brison Park) to the left through the park. . The portion of Jersey from the park to Fairway was renamed Old Jersey.
DeckMe80
quote:
Why was it that I recall more golf balls bouncing across it before they changed the name?
In 1976 I almost caught a golf ball out of my drivers side window as the ball bounced across my path while I was driving east on Jersey.
InMyOpinion
quote:

I played a lot out there in the late 90's and sent many golf balls out onto George Bush
taxpreparer
AG
I am not golfer but it seems like there have been at least two renovations between 1970 and the latest complete redesign. I remember berms being added along Jersey in the mid-seventies.
justcallmeharry
S
quote:
quote:
In 1976 I almost caught a golf ball out of my drivers side window as the ball bounced across my path while I was driving east on Jersey.
uhm... Can I get my golf ball back? Just kidding, I saw that you said, "almost."
DeckMe80
quote:
quote:
quote:
uhm... Can I get my golf ball back? Just kidding, I saw that you said, "almost."
I saw it in my rear view mirror bouncing down the road and gaining on me. I reached up and out of my drivers side window and it went 6" over my outstretched fingertips.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.