LG Washer repair

1,173 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by basketaggie
stryder77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Per LG's website they don't have anyone local that fixes LG front load washing machines. Anyone know a company or handy man in town that does? It appears that one of my dogs chewed on the front seal to the door and its leaks. I need it replaced ASAP.

Thanks!
BCStalk
Aggieland Appliance repairs LG
stryder77
Do you recommend them?
TXTransplant
There was a guy in the Spring/Conroe area who was certified to repair LGs. That's who LG pointed me to when I needed service. At the time he said he was in the BCS area on a regular basis, and it was no hassle at all to use him. In fact, he went out of his way to squeeze me in when my washer needed a repair. The contact info is on the LG website as E. F. Detwiler, assuming he's still in business.
BCStalk
I prefer Jims or Buddys but do not think they service LG. Call Buddys and just ask. They might be able to fix you up. It sounds like an easy fix so I wouldn't be to concerned.
stryder77
When you say Jim's you mean Jim's Appliance repair? I've never used him. I know about buddy's and i'll call them when they open.
meezermom
Just don't let anyone tell you to use Midway Appliance. We had to use them because Buddy's wouldn't service our Samsung. Worst experience ever. They are thieves. Have you tried calling Sears? They may service LG.
AggieWife2008
S
+1 for Aggieland Appliance Repair.

We used them to fix our LG front loader washer. They replaced a part and it did fix it but after two washes, the same thing started happening. They ended up taking the washer into their shop, gave us a loaner washer to use and did not charge any extra money for parts and labor for the second fix.

Super honest, reliable,and good service. HIGHLY recommended!
OnlyANobody
Another +1 for Aggieland Appliance Repair.

After a less than scrupulous repairman came, ordered one side of the computer panel, then said the other side was blown too, replaced them both, ($500) the machine only worked for 2 weeks and he wouldn't return our calls. AJ came out, said those were blown, suggested that they could be warranted by the other guy's place of purchase, but that they were actually on back-order through LG. He said that sadly, yes, it would be another $500 to replace them WHENEVER they became available. (We bought a plain, old fashioned white agitator Kenmore and couldn't be happier)

He was very apologetic about our previous experience and wouldn't even charge us the service call. He just asked for a positive review to his Facebook page, which we did. He has since repaired our Samsung refrigerator and we won't call anyone but him.
DisTex
AG
I'm no handy man but with the help of the internet.
I have fixed my LG front loader twice.

I recommend to overnight the part and do it yourself.
basketaggie
AG
I also fixed my LG several times. At one point my husband called a repair man who came to the house (my part was on order). He told me I'd have to put it together for him to fix it. So 10 mins later he came back into the house. He insisted it was a different part and told me to replace my part when it came in, and if it worked he'd refund the cost of his visit. It was around $100.

About a week later, I received $100 back.

armymom
Sounds like I won't be buying a LG washer!
momlaw
AG
Best Buy has warranty policies, including LGs. They have covered ours for many years using techs from down south. Also, Best Buy price matches, or at least used to, for 90 days. They gave me lots of $$ back that covered the extended warranty pricing.
carpe vinum
AG
Google Thomas Moore on Dunbar street in Bryan. That dude can fix anything and he throws in great stories for free.
vicky
I ended up giving mine away. LG was the best washer and dryer I've ever owned but I couldn't get service on the LG. I ended with a set that is no where as good but they can be serviced
basketaggie
AG
I really gave my LG washer a beating with all the laundry around here. I loved it so much that when it finally reached it's end point, I bought a new LG. I've had zero issues with it. It's pretty common to have to replace inlet valves because of the water here.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.