Church recommendations

4,125 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by thefarcus
C-2ag99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Moving family back to Aggieland next month. Wanting to get plugged in to a great church home. We have boys who will be entering youth group age in the next few years, so a great youth group/pastor is a priority....and Sunday morning Sunday school classes, bc week night are hard for us. We went to Central Baptist in college and loved it, but that was 15 years ago so......any recs for a great family place to plug in and worship?
summergal
Try A&M United Methodist! They have two traditional services at 8:30 and 11. Their contemporary service is in the Great Hall during the Sunday School hour at 9:45. The preaching is fabulous all the way around. Relevant and Bible based. The Sunday school classes are connectional for all ages. During the school year there is a Wednesday evening family dinner with great Bible studies for adults and children's programs for ages Pre-K thru High School. Try it for a month.
mwm
Since you're familiar with CBC, come on back! But we're in a new location at the corner of Boonville & Harvey Road. Chances are, Bro. Chris is preaching out of the same Book.
07bluebonnet
First Baptist Bryan is a great place to hear good preaching, make friends, and plug-in!
Crusader
First Baptist Church of College Station is a great and friendly church with an active youth ministry and Bible classes for all ages. They also offer a traditional service at 8:30 and a blended contemporary service at 11:00. The church is on Welsh and 2818 across from A&M Consol High School.
bionat80
First Methodist Bryan 28th and Houston near downtown Bryan
Services at 8:30 am and 10:55 am
Children and Family Ministries, Youth Ministries and Music Ministries are wonderful.
Many good Sunday School options for Adults
A loving and welcoming church with a strong Biblical based traditional worship service
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
Grace Bible Church or Christ United Methodist Church. Great youth and Sunday School programs and very welcoming
JR Ewing
AG
We love Holy Cross Lutheran Church and Preschool. You might give it a try. Good luck finding your new church home!
AgCPA
AG
Central is popular. If you liked it before, don't think there is any reason you wouldn' like it now. Unless you are looking for something different theologically, likely a good choice.
veritas47
quote:
Since you're familiar with CBC, come on back! But we're in a new location at the corner of Boonville & Harvey Road. Chances are, Bro. Chris is preaching out of the same Book.

Chris has stopped his verse by verse preaching. Lately, he's been going whole book or topical sermons. Mrs. Truth47 and I really miss Chris spending a year in one book of the bible. He was really able to get a lot out of a single verse.
toolshed
AG
The topical/ book study is what he's doing for the summer. With being out for vacation, convention duties, etc., going verse by verse is very broken up. I think he happened to finish Mark just before the summer, was able to do a couple of sermons relative to current events and used the opportunity to decide what to transition to next. I think he even mentioned a couple weeks ago he wasn't certain what book we were moving to next.
funkytownaggie
AG
Faith Bible Church is a great place to get expository Biblical teaching and community. It's a smaller congregation, ~175 on a Sunday morning, but the youth program is incredible. God has blessed our family so much through the people here since the time we were in a similar situation to you a few years ago.
www.brazosfaith.org

Regardless of where it is, I pray you'll trust God to put you and your family in the place you can serve Him best.
BlueMiles
AG
quote:
Faith Bible Church is a great place to get expository Biblical teaching and community. It's a smaller congregation, ~175 on a Sunday morning, but the youth program is incredible. God has blessed our family so much through the people here since the time we were in a similar situation to you a few years ago.
www.brazosfaith.org

Fixed the URL for you
mwm
It is not unusual, at all, for Bro. Chris to teach from the Word on a topic or a current issue in between finishing a book and starting a new one. I'm looking forward to where he goes when he starts the next series (OT or NT?).

Toolshed is exactly right.
duffelpud
AG
Go where your friends go.
transplanted txn
Grace Bible - Southwood (next to Consol HS) has a fantastic youth pastor and a growing group of really solid youth! Grace is also about to start their 3rd campus mid-August (the Creekview Campus) in Pebble Creek Elem. Just an option - CBC is also a great place!
DirtDiver
Grace Bible - excellent teachers and bible studies.
SeenNotHeard
AG
We love Brazos Fellowship. Awesome kids ministry and youth group. But no Sunday school.

The service times to choose from: 8:30, 10:00 & 11:30. Middle schoolers meet during the 11:30 service.
DrAeroAg05
AG
quote:
First Baptist Bryan is a great place to hear good preaching, make friends, and plug-in!
Howdy!

If you are looking for an awesome Youth Pastor (Mikey Osborne) and Youth Group, as well as a great Senior Pastor (Jim Heiligman, been here about a year, young, and a great preacher), Sunday School choices, and family-focused congregation, you need to check out First Baptist Church Bryan (FBCBryan.org).

If you and your family want to check it out one Sunday, let me know before hand and I can give you more information about the Sunday services (contemporary or traditional) and put you in touch with whoever you need to talk to. I can even meet you guys Sunday morning and show you around and introduce you to people, if you want to. Just let me know!

Nathan (DrAeroAg05)
979-587-0187 (Cell)
nathantichenor@gmail.com

P.S. - Our Children's program is great too!

thefarcus
I like rock prarie baptist.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.