BISD staff turnover

25,071 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SECeded
dylan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
In reply to your question, the answer is yes. The top 10-15% of Bryan HS students are just as competitive or more so than those other schools around here. Bryan Collegiate is a top 100 school in the country and the IB program is second to none around here.

I didn't read this year the numbers. How did the national merit finalists compare with the different schools?
Oogway
May have goofed the math a little, but I think around fifty students overall were commended or NM Semifinalists:

AMCHS--33 students, 8 of whom were semifinalists.

CSHS--15 students, 4 of whom were semifinalists

Bryan--4 students (commended)

Collegiate--3 students commended

Rudder--1 student commended
the wallflower
Bryan High had a semifinalist as well. Somehow, the Eagle left that out of their annual National Merit article....
Oogway
Thanks for catching that!
gettingitdone
I really like the fact that BISD does offer the IB program as well as Bryan Collegiate. Students that graduate from BC, do so with about 30 college credit hours which is fantastic.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
I really like the fact that BISD does offer the IB program as well as Bryan Collegiate. Students that graduate from BC, do so with about 30 college credit hours which is fantastic.
BISD is highly underrated. Will there be more commended professor's students in CSISD? Maybe. But that has little to do with the quality of the districts.
Ric Clark
quote:
My husband makes $200,000 as a pilot and we can't afford (nor am I willing to pay) the housing prices in College Station. We live in Bryan. When we moved here I knew the area well and I had to go through 3 real estate agents until they would show me property in Bryan. I truly feel that when people move to the area real estate agents and word of mouth portray Bryan and its schools in a negative light. BISD and the city needs to do a better job of highlighting their strengths.

I live in Bryan and everything, in my opinion, is equal to or better than CS, except BISD......just saying.
Frio Cielo
quote:
OK, I make roughly $230k a year. I could "afford" one of the $300k plus houses, but I refuse to. We are quite happy in our 9 year old house that we bought for $110k, that the county thinks is worth $180k. IF you don't think you can find a house in the Houston / Katy area for $125k, you're delusional. Try finding one around here, not in Bryan or Navasota.

Replied to wrong post.
Frio Cielo
quote:
quote:
OK, I make roughly $230k a year. I could "afford" one of the $300k plus houses, but I refuse to. We are quite happy in our 9 year old house that we bought for $110k, that the county thinks is worth $180k. IF you don't think you can find a house in the Houston / Katy area for $125k, you're delusional. Try finding one around here, not in Bryan or Navasota.

Replied to wrong post.
Frio Cielo
quote:
My husband makes $200,000 as a pilot and we can't afford (nor am I willing to pay) the housing prices in College Station. We live in Bryan. When we moved here I knew the area well and I had to go through 3 real estate agents until they would show me property in Bryan. I truly feel that when people move to the area real estate agents and word of mouth portray Bryan and its schools in a negative light. BISD and the city needs to do a better job of highlighting their strengths.

Homes around $200,000 to $250,000 in College Station come and go off of the market every year. Sure, perhaps you can't buy a new $300, 000 to $400,000 home in the nicest of subdivisions, but anyone that makes $200,000+ a year can afford to pay $1500 to $2000 a month for a house if it is a priority of the family. You may not be able to have aswimming pool in the back yard, to have two large newer car notes, country club membership or take a few cruises a year, be a member of a gym, $3,000 or more A&M football tickets, etc, etc, etc, in addition to a nice house, but you sure could afford a nice home in CS.

As far as the poster stating that she/he went through a few real estate agents before they would show Bryan homes, the agents were not doing their job on identifying the buyer's desires well, but many real estate agents here will tell you off the record that the majority of buyers with small children that move into the area have done their homework and justifiable or not, will tell their agent that they don't want to look at houses in Bryan.

I personally like some of the older areas of Bryan that were developed in the 1970's to 1990's, but I am different than most people.

We all have a lot of "wants", but very few "needs."

soccermom94
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Everyday Life issue highlighted on KAGS and KBTX this week. I know firsthand the discipline issues surrounding these students contribute to high staff turnover.

When I feared for my safety I left.
Post removed:
by user
SECeded

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.