Teen looking for part time work

3,166 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by justalocal
don61
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trying to help my 17 year old daughter find a part time job.
She wants to save for a car and is ready to work. HEB & Target (no openings).
Just thought some of you in TexAgs might have something available. Thanks to all.
originaltexan
As Kyle Field nears completion, I bet they still need workers around the clock. I would check with the general contractor and see if any opportunities exist.
ommama
Kbeauty63
AG
the Flip Flop shop in the Mall had advertised a open position on Craigslist
InMyOpinion
Reynolds & Reynolds is always hiring, especially part time.
AggieAces06
AG
I'm pretty sure target had a sign up that they were hiring when I went by today.

McAlisters also seems to always be hiring.
PS3D
Subway.
AggieWife2008
S
The CSTX website has a few part time positions posted as well.
Chazz03
AG
Quicker Sticker is hiring
BCStalk
quote:
Quicker Sticker is hiring

Pot smokers apply within
studioone
i need some garden weeders....
Rexter
Taco Bell tower point had a sign out today.
don61
Thanks for all the suggestions. Much appreciated.
Brewmaster
AG
start a summer business... this may or may not suit a girl, but I painted and stained fences through high school and part of college. A LOT of college money was made and a lot of cheap builder fences in the DFW area were stained.

I actually left a decent summer job to start staining fences - the hourly rate difference was a HUGE jump.

I started out with a cheap wagner and after a couple summers I had a commercial grade sprayer. There seem to be few if anyone doing this here locally. The area is ripe for it.

Here's my email if someone is interested: twelfthman01 at g m a i l

I still have numbers in my head from price per square foot, products I used and didn't like, vs what I'd use today if I were to do it again. A young aggie or aggie to be could easily help put themselves through college with this.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Go door to door offering to paint street numbers on homeowners curbs. Buy a can of paint, a roller and stencils at Home Depot/Lowe's and you are in business.

Buy some cheap business cards and leave them at the door of those who are not home.

ksp
Probably need to get a solicitors permit from the city to do curb painting door to door.
Chazz03
AG
quote:
Probably need to get a solicitors permit from the city to do curb painting door to door.
That and it's not really necessary. When emergency vehicles are coming to your house they are looking On the house for the address not the curb.
Brewmaster
AG
quote:
Go door to door offering to paint street numbers

I did this when I was a youngster, before painting fences... there is a LOT more $ in fences.
ksp
quote:
quote:
That and it's not really necessary. When emergency vehicles are coming to your house they are looking On the house for the address not the curb.
It isn't the numbers on the street that might be an issue, however when going door to door the CoCS requires you buy a permit good for 30 days and $25 to renew each additional 30 days after that.

Home Solicitor Registry
Print

Home Solicitor Registration Form (PDF / 11.2kb)
City Ordinance requires that all solicitors register with the City of College Station. The registry is maintained at the College Station Police Department, located at 2611 Texas Ave.
Certificates of Registration is valid for a period of 30 days and shall be accompanied by a fee of $50. Home Solicitors may re-renew their Certificate of Registration upon payment of $25 if during the active registration period.
To obtain a solicitor or handbill distributor permit, please print the Solicitors Registration Form (PDF / 11.2kb) and fill out completely.
In addition to the application and registration fee, the following documents are required for a certificate of registration to issue:

• Written proof of authorization, if Applicant is a corporation or corporate agent
  • Proof of all city, state or federally-required licenses or permits
  • Photo ID
Bring the completed application and required attachments, along with the appropriate fees, to the College Station Police Department, located at 2611 Texas Avenue S.
For more detailed information or assistance, please contact Jennifer Ginsel at
(979) 764-6277
Chazz03
AG
I hear ya, I'm just not sure how good that business idea is being that it not a requirement to have the numbers painted on the curb.
ksp
quote:
I hear ya, I'm just not sure how good that business idea is being that it not a requirement to have the numbers painted on the curb.
Agree.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
It isn't the numbers on the street that might be an issue, however when going door to door the CoCS requires you buy a permit good for 30 days and $25 to renew each additional 30 days after that.

Home Solicitor Registry
Print

Home Solicitor Registration Form (PDF / 11.2kb)
City Ordinance requires that all solicitors register with the City of College Station. The registry is maintained at the College Station Police Department, located at 2611 Texas Ave.
Certificates of Registration is valid for a period of 30 days and shall be accompanied by a fee of $50. Home Solicitors may re-renew their Certificate of Registration upon payment of $25 if during the active registration period.
To obtain a solicitor or handbill distributor permit, please print the Solicitors Registration Form (PDF / 11.2kb) and fill out completely.
In addition to the application and registration fee, the following documents are required for a certificate of registration to issue:

• Written proof of authorization, if Applicant is a corporation or corporate agent
  • Proof of all city, state or federally-required licenses or permits
  • Photo ID
Bring the completed application and required attachments, along with the appropriate fees, to the College Station Police Department, located at 2611 Texas Avenue S.
For more detailed information or assistance, please contact Jennifer Ginsel at
(979) 764-6277
Just guessing, no personal experience, but I bet any kid going door to door would be well served having that $50 permit on them. Folks around here seem sticklers for the rules on things like that. Consider the $50 a tax to the city of CS and part of the price of doing business here.

ksp
Honestly a hard working local teenager knocking on my door trying to make money I would have no issues with. But I know how local enforcement and their stickler for rules.

I like the permit as it makes the bad door to door guys somewhat accountable if you ask for it and they cannot show it. But also agree it should be done within reason.
RDH80
AG
whataburger on rock prairie is hiring
originaltexan
All kidding aside, please do not let a child go door to door soliciting. This is not 1973, and danger is out there.

Let common sense prevail on this issue.
justalocal
If she has exp with kids and is responsible, babysitting is an option. She just has to get the word out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.