CHL Discussion/Thoughts

933 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Bohica64
Bohica64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have often wondered if having a CHL gives a person any "credibility" when dealing with law enforcement? Having gone through the process myself I understand the thoroughness of the background check but does that really mean anything? Does passing the Federal background check ensure the officer that you are an honest, law abiding citizen? I can only speak for myself but when I have had to interact with a LEO they seem to be more "relaxed" after I present my CHL, has anyone else noticed this? I am interested to hear your thoughts on this.

Thanks.
EMY92
AG
I would think it definitely helps. Especially when the stats show that the crime rate for CHL holders is less than that of cops.

I really haven't had any interaction with law enforcement since I got my CHL 5 years ago to verify. Also, I think it would tend to be different on a cop to cop basis.
originaltexan
I no longer stop because I find it offensive. I just run or speed away.
techno-ag
AG
It tells them you've been checked out, and you don't have a criminal history. Makes you out to be one of the good guys.
PhiAggie
AG
There's a thread last week on outdoor forum titled "chl paid for itself". It'll answer your questions.
Bohica64
Thanks for the heads up Phi. Just went over and checked it out, good thread. I was hoping there would be a few LEO's on here to give their input.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.