Bored

3,967 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LarLar
Z3ph7r
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fun things to do in town besides the typical grand station, ice skating, and movie....
Post removed:
by user
originaltexan
Help someone with yardwork or pick up litter.

That is my usual gig.
AgsWin2011
AG
quote:
Help someone with yardwork or pick up litter.

That is my usual gig.
How many community service hours do you have left?
Lance Uppercut
AG
Hike around Lick Creek
Brazos Valley Bombers game
Go fishing at Gibbons Creek Reservoir (20 miles away)
George Bush Museum
Grab a snow cone
Disc golf--Research Park among other places
Get a video game console and play it in the dark and never leave your house
Take a quick "u paint it" class and then get some art supplies if you're into it

And two that you probably aren't interested in:
Get a used instrument and learn how to play it/play with other people
Join a book club
MiMi
S
Lone Star Trapeze Academy
AggieBarstool
Laser Tag
halibut sinclair
Go to Messina Hof, get a few bottles of wine and get hammered next to their little pond.
FlyRod
Your mistake was the phrase "in town." Travel, travel, travel, and then...more travel.
Z3ph7r
Where should I travel to then?
halibut sinclair
Snook is usually happening this time of year.
BCStalk
Austin has great places. Barton springs, museums, music. San Antonio River walk is pretty good also. I also think the caverns are pretty close to Austin and that was an awesome tour.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
There's always streaking across campus
FlyRod
Europe just got cheaper. Travel there!
PS3D
Houston!
Bullmoose
AG
Forget Snook, go to Tunis.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Hike around Lick Creek
Brazos Valley Bombers game
Go fishing at Gibbons Creek Reservoir (20 miles away)
George Bush Museum
Grab a snow cone
Disc golf--Research Park among other places
Get a video game console and play it in the dark and never leave your house
Take a quick "u paint it" class and then get some art supplies if you're into it

And two that you probably aren't interested in:
Get a used instrument and learn how to play it/play with other people
Join a book club
The George Bush Library & Museum is always a great choice for all age groups.

http://bush41.org/
BlueMiles
AG
Paging AggiePirate.
duffelpud
AG
Run down Simms Street in Bryan using a 'certain flag' as a cape.
fanof3.88
State 7 on 7 tournament at Veterans Park this Thurs, Fri and Saturday.
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
Paging AggiePirate.
Ok. If you are bored you either have no real responsibility in life, which I envy, or you are at work. I can understand being bored at work, but there is not much to do in town and still do your job, unless your job is to write. In that case there are lots of things that you can do while thinking of that next exciting story. One thing that comes to mind is to people watch at the DPS center in North Bryan. Go in, take a number (tell them it is for a visa) and people watch. You can catch a lot of life stories by sitting in there and it is nice and air conditioned and they even have things up on the TV. If someone approaches you just go to the bathroom for a few hours.

After that you can pick from a number of churches downtown that will allow you to go into the chapel and pray. I suggest praying for God to put you to actual use somewhere that does not allow you so much free time as to become ' bored ' . After you pray you can walk to the public library downtown and ring the bell. After this you can walk inside and go up to the section upstairs in the kids area and take a selfie in front of the gnarly view of the front. Then you can visit a local flower shop (if you are rich) and buy a flower. Walk this flower over to Earth Art and walk inside and check out all of the cool and eclectic things they have to offer there. I suggest to buy a cool looking candle inside there.

When you walk out of Earth Art turn to your right and kneel down. Say one last prayer to bring back the best tacos in the world and then gently lay the flower down on the Los Nortenos entrance. Light the candle and attempt to understandably hug anyone who happens to walk by, offering them condolences (optional: gently kiss the metal plaque) to the right of the door.

After about an hour has passed make your way to Acme glass and ask them if they need any help. Not for a job just an extra hand loading a truck or something real quick, when they say no ask for a tour. They might offer you one because you were so willing to help them out, and that would be on of the rarest tours in town that I can think of and would make for an excellent story.

From here get in your car and drive up south college until you get to Hensel Park. Wait in your car until it is dark and no one is there and then walk to the big pavilion. Turn a picnic table up sideways against it and use it to climb up on top (you might want to do this on a side facing the field or kick the table back to normal position once you have a firm grasp). Once you are at the very top lay on your back and look at the stars and how you can't believe how hot it is still at night. Get your doodle pad out and begin writing a story about how exciting your day was. Pause when you see a UPD car pull into the parking lot and scoot back on the top of the pavilion as he shines his light towards you. Wait as he looks in your car through the windows and walks down the path into the woods. If feeling saucy (and I cannot condone this), attempt to steal the UPD vehicle and end your boredom for a good few minutes to hours, depending on your GTA skills. Or choose the recommended route of thinking about how that would go and in stead adding it to your story as he gets back to his car and leaves your ticket on the window. You will certainly get an A+ at work or your book will become a #1 best seller and you will have a day full of memories.

When you get home and before you go to bed apply for a real job so that by the next time you actually do get some free time you know exactly what you want to do with it, even if that is to do nothing, because by then it will be everything you thought it could be.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
Trapeze!

Or travel to state parks and historic sites.
sunshine1
+1 Tunis, the Hiney Winery is the place to visit (it's behind the library)
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
trapeze academy, bro
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.