A&M Consol HS track - is it open to the public

1,878 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by dman2217
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is the track open to the public to walk/run?
BlazeHarper
It has never been available when I wanted to run on it.
I would imagine like other things they just want you to pay for it not actually use it.
Would be very helpful to have access when not in use.
ksp
If just looking to run, there is a track at the middle school on Graham has a nice cushioned track. I use it all the time.
AgDotCom
Pretty sure when Consol installed the artificial turf a few years ago, access to the field and track became off limits. I've been down on the field during events with my kids, and there are lazers / reflectors installed for security (my guess is that's what they're for). I assume all this is to prevent vandalism on that expensive field, etc.
jarz94
AG
Consol middle school on Anderson is wide open.
Z3ph7r
CSMS (on Rock Prairie) has a good track
InMyOpinion
quote:
It has never been available when I wanted to run on it.
I would imagine like other things they just want you to pay for it not actually use it.
Would be very helpful to have access when not in use.

I see students use it all the time
dman2217
So would you rather it be open to the public and used on a daily basis? Then when you have to pay more to replace the track every 2-3 years you will be perfectly okay with that? Oh not to mention having people bring their dogs on the track and then poop on the field/track who will clean that up?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.