Fence Cleaning - Power Wash Job Needed

1,128 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TX_COWDOC
TX_COWDOC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Ags-
I need to make my white vinyl 3 row fence white again. I've debated buying / renting a power washer but then I thought there might be some enterprising teenager that wants to make some money in the next few days.

I live on FM 2154 south of Wellborn (10 minutes from campus).

PM me if interested.
medic1969p
Call T at Glory Enterprises. Small local business 979-218-2335
Brewmaster
AG
an old trick I used to use...

1 part bleach / 1 part water. Spray the fence down with a pump up garden sprayer with this mixture. Less bleach is weaker, more is stronger/dirtier fence. After it whitens up to your satisfaction, rinse it off with the water hose.

This eats the mildew (grey) on wood or vinyl fences, for others reading this. I used to paint fences in summers between A&M semesters in Dallas. I know I painted 100's of fences in that stretch and cleaned a few with this trick - no pressure washer rental needed. The only time I would rent a pressure washer was to remove old paint or old stain (paint or semi transparent stains, not the clear worthless stuff).

Side Note on stains: the only place in town that sells high quality stain for fences and decks is Chapman's on Villa Maria. Cetol is the brand. It isn't cheap, but it lasts and lasts.
TX_COWDOC
AG
Still looking..

Medic, I spoke with T as suggested but he is not portable enough (requires direct electric plug in).

Thanks for the info.

originaltexan
Pressure washing can be tricky. Too high of pressure on older wood can rip it apart. Kind of an art to it.

If hiring a kid, I would recommend the bleaching that Brew talked about.
TX_COWDOC
AG
Thanks for the replies. Fence is vinyl / plastic type... Not wood. Pressure wash will be fine. I have no other need for one but it looks like I might be renting one!

Thanks
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.