Not the best idea to drive like a jerk when you have your company name on your car.

4,867 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by techno-ag
Scoopen Skwert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just saying it isn't a very good way to advertise your locally owned private business.
jimmyb
What is this forum coming to when people don't provide pics with disparaging comments... ??

Texags, I just don't know you anymore ..

Scoopen Skwert
AG
Didn't want to call the person out just the action. So no pics.
ksp
Can't tell you how many businesses I have crossed off my list by cigarette butts being thrown out a company car/truck window in front of me.
rsa
AG
Drivers not using turn signals, cutting off traffic, and talking on a cell phone while driving has a number of local companies on my list of folks I won't use.
95_Aggie
AG
Have you called and spoken to the manager/owner?

/Aggieland Board
BCStalk
quote:
Drivers not using turn signals, cutting off traffic, and talking on a cell phone while driving has a number of local companies on my list of folks I won't use.

Yup. I have witnessed the same guy almost daily driving like an idiot with his personal business decals all over his truck. From speeding in my neighborhood hood to running stop signs and not using a blinker. Funny thing is his company came up in topic to possibly use him, but I don't do business with people who can't follow the most simple laws. A person who can't respect the simple rules of the road isn't trustworthy in my book.
duffelpud
AG
One of the 24 hour emergency places down by Tower Point has a Ford Mustang all stickered up with their logo, etc. It just about ran me off the road one morning at 5 till 8 on Sebesta - squealing tires, high speed pass and so close I could see the color of their cell phone screen. Must have been late to work one too many times.
LOYAL AG
AG
See! This is why I don't put my company logos on my Jeep! It came down to advertising or driving like an idiot and idiot won!
TXAGGIE10
I agree. I work for a local private co. that drives around BCS all the time. See bad drivers daily like that. Really, why drive like a mad man with advertisements all over your van? Crazy.

Several companies i dont do business with for that reason alone.
eloc62
thats also why I don't put my company name on my delivery and pickup vehicles. I have good people working for me, but if they do the slightest thing wrong in front of someone on the road, and it pisses someone off, you might lose a customer, then they tell 2 friends and those tell 2 friends, etc... just can't afford the negative social media publicity these days if you are a small business owner.
Yuccadoo
Sometimes, kharma comes around. I just dealt a little yesterday. Company owner road rage from three years ago returns to haunt him. Damn the bad luck.
Frio Cielo
I would never use a business if I see an employee talking on a cell phone while driving. Never. In fact, I think that they should be shot.

Not related, but the one thing that really cracks me up is to hear all of the local businesses (and I am one) promote buy locally and then when you walk through the parking lot of many of the businesses you see all of the dealer names from dealers in Conroe, The Woodlands, Austin, Brenham, Waco, etc. on the vehicles.

rhoswen
AG
Shot? Really?
rilloaggie
AG
quote:
walk through the parking lot of many of the businesses you see all of the dealer names from dealers in Conroe, The Woodlands, Austin, Brenham, Waco, etc. on the vehicles.

So if I start a business in Bryan, have a great deal of success, decide to open another location in Conroe...I guess I'm no longer local at that point?

Oh, and I forgot that all of the employees at my Bcs locations will be shipped in from Houston I assume?
Chazz03
AG
quote:
Shot? Really?
Maybe just in the knee cap???
GTXM
quote:
I would never use a business if I see an employee talking on a cell phone while driving. Never. In fact, I think that they should be shot.

Interesting. What about talking on a hands free device?

...how do you feel about singing while driving? I saw an employee of a local company singing at a stoplight and made mental note to hire them next time the need called for it. =D
Post removed:
by user
Carnwellag2
quote:
One of the 24 hour emergency places down by Tower Point has a Ford Mustang all stickered up with their logo, etc. It just about ran me off the road one morning at 5 till 8 on Sebesta - squealing tires, high speed pass and so close I could see the color of their cell phone screen. Must have been late to work one too many times.
maybe it was an emergency?
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
quote:
maybe it was an emergency?
Speed deficiency
ComfortAg
AG
My favorite incident was the day I stopped at a red light by Bryan High, and at least 2 seconds later a local driving school car blew past me through the red light (no students in the car, only an employee or owner).
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
My favorite incident was the day I stopped at a red light by Bryan High, and at least 2 seconds later a local driving school car blew past me through the red light (no students in the car, only an employee or owner).
<3 Benny, hes awesome.
PhiAggie
AG
Is this one of those facebook style status updates where someone leaves the status so vague in order to get people to beg them to tell them more?
KaneIsAble
AG
Didn't / doesn't have stickers but I see a 4-door white Lexus driving 6 north in the mornings and he works at the Toyota dealership. Really the only time I've ever thought about calling the cops. I'm driving 75 and he's easily at 90-100 on both 6 and on the feeder road.
techno-ag
AG
FlyRod
Post removed:
by user
techno-ag
AG
It must have been taken back when we were in a drought.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.