thread on the homeless woman in white sheets?

28,053 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Gigemchicken90
aggiegal99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There was a thread awhile back about the woman who appears homeless and wears what appears to be lots of white sheets. She pulls a wagon, and has some sort of poles with her.

Can anyone find the thread? Thanks!
BCStalk
I know she was at Micheals a couple of weeks ago. Wife spotted her shopping.
Max06
AG
http://texags.com/forums/35/topics/2606173/1#discussion
originaltexan
She's around.

Look around Northgate area.

She has a wagon and a grocery cart. One of the local eateries gives her food and she keeps it tied in sacks on her carts.

On other news, it looks like George has moved his tent/campsite from the East Gate area to the area east of Sam's club.

Both are harmless individuals, and both are poor.
armymom
Saw her in Northgate on Sunday morning.
PS3D
quote:
She's around.

Look around Northgate area.

She has a wagon and a grocery cart. One of the local eateries gives her food and she keeps it tied in sacks on her carts.

On other news, it looks like George has moved his tent/campsite from the East Gate area to the area east of Sam's club.

Both are harmless individuals, and both are poor.

I've seen "Bedsheet Lady" twice in Northgate, check the small park area outside of St. Mary's.
malibu9in1
She's at 1900 s Texas Ave in Bryan right now
aggiegal99
Thanks, all. I offered her some ice cream as I was leaving church yesterday (I had some single serve cups). She said (or rather signed and mouthed the words) that she couldn't eat milk products. She smiled really big, though.
amsbno
My husband and I saw the mother and son around Barnes and noble this evening. We gave them the only cash we had ($12) and then came back an hour later with some food and water but the mother refused to take it. We also asked her if we could give her some resources, such as Twin City mission, and even a bible that my husband bought her, but again, she refused. We were a bit taken back by her response but did not want to force anything on them. They seemed very nice and thankful. Does anyone know if they are using local resources (i.e. Twin City Missions)?

PS3D
She is at least semi-literate, being able to write. I know this from experience.
toolshed
AG
I saw her on rock prairie a few weeks back. She was pulling her wagon and holding up a sign for homemade soaps for sale to cars passing by.
wargograw
Sheets? Is she a klansman or something?
Mr. Griswold
People call her the African Queen. She and her son came here from California a couple years ago and they are either not interested in or not eligible for the local homeless outreach programs such as TCM.
C XX I
They're not interested - the city has sent staff out with police the past few times, when the mother and son are trespassing, to try to convince them to seek assistance.
amsbno
Thanks for everyone's comments. Unfortunately you cannot help people that don't want help. I will keep them in my prayers.
texasaggie2015
AG
Saw her outside Denny's on Texas at around 3am the other night/morning
Gigemchicken90
AG
They used to be in Cameron and we called her the "towel lady". She sold soaps here too. Many locals tried to help them. I can not remember the exact story but there are ties to family in Gause or Milano. They have been back to Cameron a couple of times since moving to the BCS area. I'm not sure how they get back and forth.
Gigemchicken90
AG
Her name is Jackie
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.