Searching for a Chef/Kitchen manager for new concept in the BCS area

3,772 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by I-Haul
JohnnyQuest86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Searching for a head chef/kitchen manager for a new concept opening in Downtown Bryan. In past restaurants I have worked in, we have had a lot of success searching in the Aggie community, so for my own venture I wanted to start by reaching out here on TexAgs. I have years of experience across several concepts, but this will be my first venture on my own.

By no means do I require culinary schooling, but experience in food service is a requirement. I am looking for creative ideas and an upbeat, "lets get it done" attitude. Experience with pizza, especially from a wood fired oven is a huge plus, but not a requirement.

We are still months from opening, so I am not looking for someone to leave their current gig immediately, but rather to plan a timeline for a transition to our team.

I am reaching out across several mediums, but if anyone is interested, knows someone who might be interested, or has suggestions for finding this key person, I am all ears.

Thanks in advance!
Rexter
Man... I just saw a FTR from the local yelp king!

I kid.... I'm in the back end of the business. I'll keep my ears open. If I hear of anyone I'll point them to here.
nashvilleaggie11
I don't know anyone, but I wish you the best of luck. Unfortunately, Downtown Bryan is where most businesses go to die. I think a new restaurant down there would be fantastic, but as a business owner myself, I find the risk of opening there too high.
JohnnyQuest86
Well thanks for your good wishes. I know this community can at times be a rather negative one, but regardless of your opinions, I have high hopes for our chances of success Downtown. It is not a matter of whether I will open or not. The wheels are in motion and we will be bringing a great new food and beverage experience to the Downtown area.
Tailgate88
AG
Looking forward to your new place! Good luck getting it going.
DBSwooper
nashvilleaggie11
Let me rephrase.retail and restaurants have a particularly hard time surviving in Downtown Bryan. I hope he does succeed thoughI am assuming he is moving into where The Local just closed?
1sithventress
How would one contact you or send in a resume? I have been in the local restaurant business for almost 20 yrs.
JohnnyQuest86
Feel free to send any communications to JohnnyQuest86@hotmail.com.

I'm excited to hear from you.
FlyRod
Good luck to you, Quest. Don't let negative nannies get you down. Can't wait to see what you have planned.
AggiePhil
AG
You might consider recruiting someone from Pie Society in San Marcos. I was there a few months ago and that place has it going on.
momlaw
AG
Suggest you post on Texags Food and Spirits board. There are Aggie Foodies with diverse backgrounds and locations who share a love of good food. Who knows, your perfect candidate may want to rehome to Aggieland.
CrazyAgE
Is this a CharlieMac sock?
Robin Sparkles
quote:
Let me rephrase.retail and restaurants have a particularly hard time surviving in Downtown Bryan. I hope he does succeed thoughI am assuming he is moving into where The Local just closed?

I guess Nashville Ag is right...it's a shame that restaurants like Papa Perez, Casa Rod, the Village, Must Be Heaven, Caffe Capri, Mr. G and the Brauhaus all have a hard time surviving in downtown.
carpe vinum
AG
quote:
Is this a CharlieMac sock?
My first thought. No one loves to use the word "concepts" more than Cmac.
Broncos
Yea, tell Proudest Monkey, Cafe Capri, Papa Perez, Murphy's Law, Revolutions, Casa Rod, Harvest, Must Be Heaven, Mr. G's, Margies, Halo, La Salle Cafe, Chocolate Gallery, and the others I missed that restaurants/bars can't make it in downtown Bryan.
Broncos
I didn't get to this page before I posted... I see Robin covered a few more.
JohnnyQuest86
Thank you everyone for your well wishes and thank you for the tip about the food and spirits board! I am not CharlieMac. My name is Jake, and as I said before this will be my first venture in town. I have worked in bars and restaurants on Northgate and in Downtown Bryan for 6 Years while I was in school and after graduating from A&M in '09
Tradishun
quote:
Thank you everyone for your well wishes and thank you for the tip about the food and spirits board! I am not CharlieMac. My name is Jake, and as I said before this will be my first venture in town. I have worked in bars and restaurants on Northgate and in Downtown Bryan for 6 Years while I was in school and after graduating from A&M in '09

You're not "Jake from State Farm," are you? With those weird khakis?

Seriously, good luck to you, Jake.
CharlieMac
Umm.. not me. I do appreciate the laugh though!

I welcome a new place that I can eat at in my back yard though.. welcome Jake!
originaltexan
FOR ALL THOSE THAT LIKE OR WANT TO SERVE FOOD

If doing pizza, there is huge opportunity to make big bucks if done right!!

ORGANIC INGREDIENTS FOR SOME OR ALL PIZZAS
REAL CHEESE
CLEAN
STAFF CAN'T BE TOO PIERCED OUT. I appreciate the hippie laid back scene, but sanitation is big.
SIT DOWN TABLES
ABOUT $18 FOR AN 18" PIZZA

These guys, even though a chain, got it going on

http://mellowmushroom.com/philosophy
TheAlarmGuy
Home Slice
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
ro828
The statement about 'downtown being the place where restaurants go to die" is based on the failures of the Lemon Wedge and the Local, and the fact that the Los Nortenos location has sat empty for so very long.

To succeed, price and quick service are the two holy grails. How many postings were there about poor service at The Local until its final demise? For a while it was a topic of frequent discussion. That can't be good for any business.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
The statement about 'downtown being the place where restaurants go to die" is based on the failures of the Lemon Wedge and the Local, and the fact that the Los Nortenos location has sat empty for so very long.

To succeed, price and quick service are the two holy grails. How many postings were there about poor service at The Local until its final demise? For a while it was a topic of frequent discussion. That can't be good for any business.
Right. Many restaurants have done well there for years
I-Haul
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.