Rodeo Question

1,380 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ChampsAg
O.G.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was at the Rodeo at the Brazos Expo Center yesterday and I was just curious as to why it isn't done on a non-football weekend in the fall. It would be cooler weather and this time of year is when your bigger rodeo's are primarily done in the northern states where it's cooler this time of year.

Also, and I don't mean to sling mud here, but this rodeo was literally short on cowboys. There were only a few bareback and saddle bronc riders and almost all of them were repeats. All due respect to Sammy Catelena, but for a population base like we have here, this is a pretty small rodeo. I know its a Lions Club event, but some thought might be given to either changing it to a fall weekend or having a different rodeo all together.

Huntsville is much smaller and has a huge and widely respected rodeo.
ChampsAg
We were debating whether the bucking stock was better or the cowboys were not that good.

The Brazos Valley Fair is usually held in the fall.

I thought that the temperature was not bad at all. The fans and a decent breeze off of the nearby rains helped.
O.G.
quote:
We were debating whether the bucking stock was better or the cowboys were not that good.

The Brazos Valley Fair is usually held in the fall.

I thought that the temperature was not bad at all. The fans and a decent breeze off of the nearby rains helped.
Hating to cast too many stones at the cowboys, but the Bryan Rodeo probably isn't getting the top shelf talent
this time of year.
GSS
With "Cowboy Christmas" (the July 4th big $$ rodeos) only a week later, that could certainly influence cowboy entries.
ChampsAg
Agree with both. Friend of mine came in for the calf roping just because his fiance's son is at A&M
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.