Dyson Vacuum Cleaner Repair

1,194 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by BlueMiles
Sweet Kitten Feet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Any place local that works on Dyson that y'all would recommend?
SchnauzerMom
Did you try Sew Vac City?
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Haven't tried any place. Was trying to see who others recommend. I know they service Dyson though.
NativeTxn
I have always had good experiences with Sew Vac City's service. I had a hand me down Electrolux cannister vacuum that they kept alive for a lot of years after it's shelf life had probably expired. They worked on my Regina vacuum a couple of times and once on my current Miele and we have never had a problem, beyond my propensity to suck things like socks or eye drop bottles into my machines. And they almost never make fun of me for it, either!
meezermom
Good timing on the question -- my Dyson Animal needs some work. I've been thinking Sew Vac City but am also curious about what others say.
Tanya 93
Sew Vac wasn't capable of fixing mine. I ended up sending it Dyson and they replaced it.

It took them 5 weeks to determine they couldn't fix it.
oklaunion
We went through Sew Vac for a Dyson part and it took almost 2 months to get it. Probably not SV fault.
OnlyANobody
I don't have a suggestion, but am interested in feedback. My Animal needs some repairs.
AggiePhil
AG
Bed, Bath, & Beyond took great care of us when our Digital Slim pooped the bed. Got a nice refund on the broken one and put it toward a new model.
UmustBKidding
Dyson are typically very modular and some of the parts are available from them online. Have ordered several times and its always shipped within a day and delivery was at the mercy of usps for a few days. Once forgot to include a small 3$ part in my order and asked if it was two late to add in order to.save the shipping charge. It was to late but it showed up in the mail the day after the original order no charge.
vicky
I had a horrible experience with Sew Vac. I paid around 7 to 8 hundred dollars for a Miele (sp.?) vac. Within about 2 years something caused it too quit working. I took it in. They told me the company no longer made the broken part. I was just plain out of luck. This was the third vac I had bought from them. Although this was the most expensive, the other two were definitely not cheap!
DBSwooper
Your vacuum broke? That sucks.

har har

Anyways, if you google a description of what it is doing you will find many youtube videos of people walking you through the repair. Often it has to do with more of a maintenance issue than broken parts.
Eliminatus
AG
quote:
I had a horrible experience with Sew Vac. I paid around 7 to 8 hundred dollars for a Miele (sp.?) vac. Within about 2 years something caused it too quit working. I took it in. They told me the company no longer made the broken part. I was just plain out of luck. This was the third vac I had bought from them. Although this was the most expensive, the other two were definitely not cheap!
How is that on Sew Vac? You said it yourself. Plain our of luck. If it was truly a part issue that cannot be had then it simply cant be had. They can't fix what they can't get parts for. You issue needs to be with Miele. Not Sew Vac.

EDIT: Forgot the reason for posting. Sew Vac is not the cheapest and trying to troubleshoot on your own is the best option but if it is truly something that is broken I would not take it anywhere else personally. I've had to use them twice now and left very satisfied both times.
jenmarin04
AG
Does anyone know if Sew Vac City repairs Roombas?
BlueMiles
AG
I don't know, but what kind of issue are you having with it?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.