Cenares

2,465 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by eagleese
vicky
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone have any recommendations for this restaurant ??
07bluebonnet
Our family likes it because it's a quieter affordable restaurant and we don't care for most of the loud restaurants on University. The only thing that surprised me was that they hand you a cup with ice and a canned soft drink instead of fountain drinks. I actually like that the drinks are more consistent that way, but it feels odd to be in a somewhat formal restaurant and to have to crack open a can of Coke. Maybe they wish I wish drinking wine instead?
Max06
AG
I really like it. Nice, affordable Italian. Owners are very nice & have a presence in the restaurant.
jamodi83
Pretty good Italian food. Probably a couple of my favorite dishes in town. Gnocchi de Mare is to die for if you like crab.
halibut sinclair
*Cenare* is excellent. The Cerone family knows how run a restaurant.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Good food but haven't been in a while. And yes, that family knows how to run a classy joint.
nwspmp
I enjoy it very much personally. The food is good, service has typically been great!
aggmaroon
AG
I like Cenare. We go regularly for lunch since it is very close to the office. The service and food are always great.
OnlyForNow
AG
Loved it while I was a student!
eloc62
used to go there all the time . guess i have forgotten about it lately with all the new places. always liked the food. gotta get back there.
studioone

love it... tortillini de diabalo..

and no one has mentioned MR G...
OneGood2011Ag
AG
quote:
This is Texas, we pluralize or add the possessive to every retail establishment and restaurant unless the name starts with "The."
Heck, my grandma used to call it "Wallmarks."
crbongos
AG
Very nice. Mrs G (Cerone) runs the kitchen. Great for business lunch or romantic dinner. Back in the day, it was the go to place in town. Don Adam even had his own table. Love Cenare.
halibut sinclair
quote:
quote:
This is Texas, we pluralize or add the possessive to every retail establishment and restaurant unless the name starts with "The."
Heck, my grandma used to call it "Wallmarks."
Thanks for the info. As a multi generational native Texan, I am well aware. Doesn't mean I have to like it.
mleroyl
Agree with all posters above - we love Cenare and Mrs. G. She works the dining room and visits with her patrons - makes everyone feel welcome and appreciated. However, will also add the menu IS somewhat limited compared to many restaurants - is my only negative observation (not really a complaint).
threecatcorner
Chicken Parmesan is good. I wish they hadn't gotten rid of their manicotti. Desserts are good. How bad the wait is depends on when you go, but I think that's fairly standard for Italian restaurants. Check the hours too. Unless they've changed it, I don't think they are open during the day on the weekend and maybe not at all on Sunday. It's been a whie since I went there though so I'm not sure if that describes their current hours.
eagleese
AG
Have taken business associates and family several times in the last year. Everyone was pleased with the service and great tasting food. Recommend!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.