Popcorn Flavors on Wildflower

7,855 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AggiePirate
Tariny
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My daughter, her boyfriend, and I stopped by Popcorn Flavors today. We've been waiting for what seems like forever for them to open, and I have to say that we were not disappointed.

The couple that were behind the counter (I assumed they were the owners) were super nice and were not shy at all about offering us samples. The lady who waited on us said "how do you know if you are going to like it unless you try it?" which I completely agree with. I highly recommend the caramel kettle corn, it's very yummy! The sour cream and chives is very good as well, though it's more sour cream than chives. They also have a buffalo cheddar, but my daughter was focused on the pizza flavored popcorn and said she will try it next time.

The popcorn comes in bags and cans, but they do not bag it until you order it (which is probably why it tastes so fresh!) They also have a snow cone machine and a cotton candy machine that are available for rent.

For the record, I never met that couple before today, so I have no affiliation with them, but they made a good impression on me, as did their popcorn. and I would really like to see them succeed. I hope you will give them a try too!

BlueMiles
AG
Has it been reviewed by The King yet?

(I look forward to trying it, either way)
AggieJason
AG
Where is it?
MiMi
S
On Wildflower?
AggiePhil
AG
Isn't there a popcorn place in the mall now too? Is this the latest craze?
GottaRide
S
How can a business based on food sales survive with that kind of location?
Tariny
It's next door to Dollar Tree which is in the shopping strip next to the Bryan Target. Looks like they have a FB page - https://www.facebook.com/popcornflavors

I asked the lady behind the counter and she said they are not connect to The Texas Popcorn Factory which is located in the mall.
AggieBarstool
Wait, there's a popcorn place in the mall???
AggiePirate
AG
We are about to become the popcorn capital of Texas at this rate! (FYI Target also has popcorn!)
Tariny
Yes AggieBarstool, it's in the food court next to Layne's. I went there as well, though it was on Saturday, but they did not offer any samples when I asked about one of their flavors, so I did not get hooked and was able to easily walk away. I think someone else posted about them last week.
FlyRod
His Most Regal Creepyness has not reviewed it yet! All BCS waits to know if it's worth trying or not!
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
His Most Regal Creepyness has not reviewed it yet! All BCS waits to know if it's worth trying or not!
I am in every review for how each experience affects him. It is like we are going through each experience together. He makes it so I don't have to even go anywhere yet but to enjoy the vicariousity.
MiMi
S
quote:
It is like we are going through each experience together. He makes it so I don't have to even go anywhere yet but to enjoy the vicariousity.

Just wait until you've gone to the dentist with him. From the GregD thread on the General Board:

quote:
Who wants to have to go to the dentist when you hate needles and KNOW for sure that you are gonna get stuck? knew. And I almost chickened out. had a procedure done which is called root planing or scaling.Basically an hour or so of someone digging the hell out of my gums, blood evident. And it wasn't bad. In fact it was done excellently.

I switched to Dr. Black due to online reviews.Total truth. Had a wonderful dentist and hygienist I had visited for years in Bryan (over on Barak Lane, dentistry Capital of Bryan) and I wanted a second opinion about my gum disease.

So what's that question on everyone's mind when it comes to the dentist? Did it hurt?

No. I experienced no pain (other than the ant bite like pinches of the 6-8 injections).I consider the procedure in their own terminology to be "non invasive". And I have to go back. They only did my lowers and I have to have my upper chompers done as well. I requested the same doctor and got her scheduled. Cool! When someone does that much work on your mouth in your face you learn to trust. And they honored my request for the same dr on next visit. Not mentioning her name as whom would want to see that in a Yelp review, right?

Day after the "event".I feel no pain and never did. 100% perfect recovery. After the numbness wore off I actually forgot that I had had that type of procedure done about two hours later. PERFECT! Had a root scaling done and went right to work (after a short break).

What more could you want? It's the newest dentistry office in College Station as far as I know as Dr. Black had the building built. (Another reason I picked this place as I wanted state of the art). Dr. Black is surprisingly young in my eyes (an Aggie) and what's cool is that his Dad works there some of the time as well. Looking for family dentistry? Go with this family of dentists.

There are so many dentists to pick in Brazos Valley and I am a Dr. Surfer. I get second opinions. And it's gonna be a tuff decision to surf off to another dentist now because I am 100% satisfied with Dr. Black. He keeps my teeth clean and in place so I can eat more food and write more Yelp reviews.

I only wish they would go one step ahead and have TV monitors on the roof so that when you are laying there for a while looking up that you had something to occupy your mind. Just the Cartoon Network would be awesome so you could focus on anything other than the lights and oral work.

AggiePirate
AG
quote:
quote:
It is like we are going through each experience together. He makes it so I don't have to even go anywhere yet but to enjoy the vicariousity.

Just wait until you've gone to the dentist with him. From the GregD thread on the General Board:

quote:
Who wants to have to go to the dentist when you hate needles and KNOW for sure that you are gonna get stuck? knew. And I almost chickened out. had a procedure done which is called root planing or scaling.Basically an hour or so of someone digging the hell out of my gums, blood evident. And it wasn't bad. In fact it was done excellently.

I switched to Dr. Black due to online reviews.Total truth. Had a wonderful dentist and hygienist I had visited for years in Bryan (over on Barak Lane, dentistry Capital of Bryan) and I wanted a second opinion about my gum disease.

So what's that question on everyone's mind when it comes to the dentist? Did it hurt?

No. I experienced no pain (other than the ant bite like pinches of the 6-8 injections).I consider the procedure in their own terminology to be "non invasive". And I have to go back. They only did my lowers and I have to have my upper chompers done as well. I requested the same doctor and got her scheduled. Cool! When someone does that much work on your mouth in your face you learn to trust. And they honored my request for the same dr on next visit. Not mentioning her name as whom would want to see that in a Yelp review, right?

Day after the "event".I feel no pain and never did. 100% perfect recovery. After the numbness wore off I actually forgot that I had had that type of procedure done about two hours later. PERFECT! Had a root scaling done and went right to work (after a short break).

What more could you want? It's the newest dentistry office in College Station as far as I know as Dr. Black had the building built. (Another reason I picked this place as I wanted state of the art). Dr. Black is surprisingly young in my eyes (an Aggie) and what's cool is that his Dad works there some of the time as well. Looking for family dentistry? Go with this family of dentists.

There are so many dentists to pick in Brazos Valley and I am a Dr. Surfer. I get second opinions. And it's gonna be a tuff decision to surf off to another dentist now because I am 100% satisfied with Dr. Black. He keeps my teeth clean and in place so I can eat more food and write more Yelp reviews.

I only wish they would go one step ahead and have TV monitors on the roof so that when you are laying there for a while looking up that you had something to occupy your mind. Just the Cartoon Network would be awesome so you could focus on anything other than the lights and oral work.

MiMi thank you, truly. Another yet amazing review from the master. I have never gone to the dentist and enjoyed a nice bourbon before until I read that lovely story as if I was there. And how refreshing it is to hear someone who agrees that Barak lane is the dentistry capitol of Bryan (the world IMHO). And now, thanks to this experience through Greg D's eyes, I feel like I don't ever have to go to the dentist again! My wife will be pumped about the savings.

I must share one back in return for your kindness:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/cindies-bryan?hrid=2wpq-nwXLUYWi84fzW_gXA&page_src=shared_via_messages_or_emails
FlyRod
Good grief!
MiMi
S
quote:
Awesome. Thank you. However, I did not need to know about his 'Mr. Winkie.' TMI
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
quote:
Awesome. Thank you. However, I did not need to know about his 'Mr. Winkie.' TMI
The extended picture gallery says it all.

Now we know! Cindies!
Scotch
AG
Hate to agree with the Yelp king, but Dr. Black is awesome. Seriously.

So when you dislodge your caps and fillings from eating too much popcorn, go see him.
TexPopCo
The Texas Popcorn Company gladly offers samples for all of their flavors. Try them again ....5 star reviews and some of the best gourmet popcorn in Texas!
summergal
Super close to me!

Hey, how many of you remember the popcorn place in Manor East Mall?
AggiePirate
AG
I do! Remember that old popcorn cart that used to be next to the hardware store downtown in 1903?!
CrazyAgE
quote:
Super close to me!

I lived that popcorn place in MEM! Wasn't it Karmelkorn (or something like that)?
dgonzo99
quote:
Super close to me!

I remember it very well. I worked at the mall. One little lady was always burning the popcorn. The smoke would set off the fire alarms at times. The BFD would make at least 2 to 3 trips a month. I remember the dense smoke that made it's way all over the mall through the air conditioning vents. It was great stuff anyway. I remember the drinks taking up the taste of the popcorn.
techno-ag
AG
The Orts used to run that snack stand near the middle of MEM. We always hit it up instead of the popcorn place.
FlyRod
Doesn't GoCo have all you can eat popcorn in the buffet line?
halibut sinclair
quote:
The Orts used to run that snack stand near the middle of MEM. We always hit it up instead of the popcorn place.
Wasn't it an Orange Julius?
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
Wasn't it an Orange Julius?
I do think I recall an Orange Julius over there somewhere. For sure there was one in POM early on.

Perhaps the Orts went unfranchised after a while and gave up the Orange Julius name? Your memory of Old Bryan is better than mine.
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
Doesn't GoCo have all you can eat popcorn in the buffet line?

You are thinking of the popcorn shrimp, which is amazing.
justalocal
Lol to the person that thinks food from Golden Corral is amazing.

Tried the popcorn place off wildflower and while it took about 8-10 minutes to bag up 2 bags of popcorn, I liked what I got. Person (I assume owner since she was discussing the lease with the previous customer) was very nice.
malibu9in1
Orange jul was in both malls.
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
Lol to the person that thinks food from Golden Corral is amazing.

No lols from me, friend. I have only sads for your deficit of refinement for new things or adventurous delicatessen. Oh well. More for the savy goconians. (Although please do enjoy your Ocean Buffet)

4 life.
FlyRod
I see what Pirate is doing here.
AggiePirate
AG
goconians get it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.